JSI Research and Training Institute, Inc. (JSI) is a leader in improving the health of individuals and communities by providing high-quality technical and managerial assistance to public health programs worldwide. JSI has implemented projects in 104 countries, and currently operates from eight U.S. and 81 international offices for the past 30 years.
JSI has received funding from the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) to implement the Strengthening Partnerships, Results and Innovations in Nutrition Globally (SPRING) Project in northern Ghana to strengthen the treatment and preventive nutrition services in health facilities, and to oversee the implementation of specific tasks that strengthen community based nutrition improvements.
- Job Title: Estates and Transport Manager
- Supervisor: Deputy Chief of Party Finance and Operations
- Project: Strengthening Partnerships, Results and Innovations Globally (SPRING)
- Job Location: Tamale
- Closing Date: June 14, 2016
The Estates and Transport Manager will provide administrative services in support of SPRING programs and staff in security, infrastructure, vehicle and driver management and fixed assets.
Major Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- assures maintenance and repair of all project infrastructure of the Tamale office, district offices and ancillary structures:
- Electrical installations including office and expatriate staff generators
- Plumbing and water installations including water reservoirs and water pump
- Walls, floors, ceilings, roof, windows
- Exterior compound
- Establishes and updates list of preferred vendors: electricians, plumbers, carpenters, masons, mechanics, groundskeepers and other craftspeople
- Supervises security guards, cleaners and any other personnel involved in the upkeep and security of SPRING infrastructure and assets
- Ensures that SPRING offices are decorated and organized so as to give the best appearance and to enhance the working environment of staff
Driver and vehicle management
Establish and implement systems and procedures for the management of
- Driver and vehicle schedules
- Vehicle rental
- Vehicle log books
- Maintenance and repairs of vehicles
- Vehicle inspections
- Monthly vehicle usage reports
- Up to date vehicle registration and insurance
- Complete and up to date vehicle files at all times
Establish and implement systems and procedures for the management of motorcyles belonging to the project including:
- Motorcycle fuel and log books
- Maintenance and repairs of motorcycles
- Motorcycle inspections
- Monthly motorcycle and fuel usage reports
- Up to date motorcycle registration and insurance
- Complete and up to date motorcycle files at all times.
Fixed assets management
- Assure maintenance and repair of all fixed assets
- ensure system is in place for tracking all fixed assets
- Organize and oversee at least annual physical inventory of all fixed assets
- Update fixed assets database as and when changes take place
- Issue fixed assets reports on at least semi-annual basis or upon request
- Issue fixed assets to custodians
- Maintain disposition and damaged inventory list
- Arrange for disposal of assets following USAID regulations
Security for Tamale and District Offices
- Create and maintain emergency communication phone tree.
- Be aware of, obtain and communicate all relevant security bulletins and warnings from USAID, United Nations, Government of Ghana or other international and national organizations who follow security situations in country.
- Ensure security and safety of vehicles and passengers
- Ensure adherence to building safety and fire prevention regulations
Backstop the Procurement Officer
- Act as backstop to the Procurement Officer in case of work backlogs, vacation leave or other type absence of the Procurement Officer. The Procurement Officer will play a similar role in relation to the TAIS Officer
Undertake other associated tasks and duties as assigned by supervisor.
Required Skills or Experience
- First University Degree (BA/BSc.) in a field relevant to the position
- Minimum 5 years’ successful experience in a similar position
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision in a multi-cultural environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, analytical, decision making, problem solving and administrative skills.
- Must be able to juggle multiple assignments, meet deadlines, work flexibly in a dynamic, fast paced environment and maintain sense of perspective.
- The position requires a fair minded, people oriented and caring individual with excellent interpersonal skills and sensitivity to diversity.
- Required computer skills included MS Office (minimum Word and Excel)
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Understanding of USAID procurement rules and regulations
- Experience working with USAID funded projects will be an added advantage
How to Apply
Interested applicants with the requisite qualification(s) and related work experience should submit
- Application Letter addressed to the HR Manager as below:
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae including Names, Title, Organization, Phone number, Email and Addresses of Three (3) Referees to [email protected]
HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER, USAID/JSI RESEARCH & TRAINING INSTITUTE, INC., SPRING PROJECT/GHANA, HOUSE # NK BLK “B” 118 NORTH KANVILLI, TAMALE.
- Applications should be submitted to the HR Manager through [email protected]
- Deadline – June 14, 2016
- JSI will only contact short-listed applicants. Please no phone calls.
Interested applicants are also encouraged to visit the sites below for more information about JSI and SPRING/Ghana www.jsi.com ; http://www.spring-nutrition.org