JSI Research and Training Institute, Inc. (JSI) is a leader in improving the health of individuals and communities by providing high-quality technical and managerial assistance to public health programs worldwide. JSI has implemented projects in 104 countries, and currently operates from eight U.S. and 81 international offices for the past 30 years.
JSI has received funding from the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) to implement the Strengthening Partnerships, Results and Innovations in Nutrition Globally (SPRING) Project in northern Ghana to strengthen the treatment and preventive nutrition services in health facilities, and to oversee the implementation of specific tasks that strengthen community based nutrition improvements.
- Job Title: Partners and Grants Officer
- Supervisor: Deputy Chief of Party Finance and Operations
- Project: Strengthening Partnerships, Results and Innovations Globally (SPRING)
- Job Location: Tamale
- Closing Date: June 14, 2016
The Partners and Grants Officer will be responsible for the administrative management of partner associated agreements, awards, contracts and Memorandums of Understanding. In addition, he will find and document cost share following JSI policies.
Administration of fixed amount awards or other grant mechanism
- Lead in the administrative management of fixed amount awards or other grant award mechanism including but not limited to:
- Prepare and advertise Requests for Proposals;
- Receive proposals, form proposal evaluation committees and coordinate proposal evaluation;
- Prepare complete documents package of proposal and evaluation related documents for submission to Home Office for review and finalization for onward approval from USAID.
- Work with awardees and relevant SPRING program activity managers to administer awards; in particular:
- Help finalize budgets and workplans;
- Orient awardees on award rules, regulations and policies; provide policy guidance and interpretation;
- Organize their participation in any program orientation deemed necessary by SPRING;
- Process awardee invoices and payments from SPRING;
- Ensure compliance with applicable USAID regulations throughout the full grant cycle process;
- Track milestone achievements and payments against workplan;
- Amend grant agreements as necessary;
- Ensure systematic documentation, referencing, retrieval and management of award files;
- Organize final closeout of all awards according to JSI and USAID policies, rules and regulations.
Administration of vendor Memorandums of Understanding
- Conduct surveys of vendors in the project geographic area that provide the following services to the project: hotel accommodation, conference facilities, restaurants and catering, and vehicle rental. Survey information would include general quality, prices and clear definition of services;
- Negotiate prices with vendors for the various services;
- Draft and get signed Memorandums of Understanding with the vendors clearly stating the responsibilities of each party and the agreed upon negotiated prices;
- update Memorandums of Understanding as the need arises;
- Renew Memorandums of Understanding as required.
Cost share management
- Orient SPRING staff on what is cost share and how they can help find cost share for SPRING;
- Solicit ideas, leads and contacts for USAID cost share contributions from SPRING staff;
- Prioritize leads by potential value and difficult of obtaining cost share and systematically contact relevant organizations to obtain cost share documentation;
- All cost share documentation is assembled and packaged according JSI cost share policies for submission to Home Office and Accounts.
Required Skills or Experience
- 5 years of demonstrated experience and success in grants management and/or cost share or other relevant field of endeavor;
- Demonstrated knowledge of USAID financial and management systems, regulations and reporting requirements;
- Degree in business administration, economics, public administration, finance, accounting or other relevant field;
- Superior writing skills in English;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
How to Apply
Interested applicants with the requisite qualification(s) and related work experience should submit
- Application Letter addressed to the HR Manager as below:
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae including Names, Title, Organization, Phone number, Email and Addresses of Three (3) Referees to [email protected]
HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER, USAID/JSI RESEARCH & TRAINING INSTITUTE, INC., SPRING PROJECT/GHANA, HOUSE # NK BLK “B” 118 NORTH KANVILLI, TAMALE.
- Applications should be submitted to the HR Manager through [email protected]
- Deadline – June 14, 2016
- JSI will only contact short-listed applicants. Please no phone calls.
Interested applicants are also encouraged to visit the sites below for more information about JSI and SPRING/Ghana www.jsi.com ; http://www.spring-nutrition.org