JSI research and Training Institute, Inc. (JSI) is a leader in improving the health of individuals and communities by providing high-quality technical and managerial assistance to public health programs worldwide. JSI has implemented projects in 104 countries, and currently operates from eight U.S. and 81 international offices for the past 30 years.
JSI has received funding from the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) to implement the Strengthening Partnerships, Results and Innovations in Nutrition Globally (SPRING) Project in northern Ghana to strengthen the treatment and preventive nutrition services in health facilities, and to oversee the implementation of specific tasks that strengthen community based nutrition improvements.
- Job Title: Administrative Officer
- Supervisor: Deputy Chief of Party Finance and Operations
- Project: Strengthening Partnerships, Results and Innovations Globally (SPRING)
- Job Location: Accra
- Closing Date: June 14, 2016
The Administrative Officer will have responsibility for the management and smooth running of all aspects of the SPRING office in Accra.
- Ensure Accra office is setup, well organized and in general good order at all times;
- Ensure rent, internet, phone, water and electricity bills are paid on time;
- Ensure timely maintenance and repair of all office equipment and vehicles;
- Create and update daily schedule for driver and cleaner;
- Supervise the driver and cleaner;
- Manage petty cash;
- Prepare and ensure that supporting documentation is accurate and timely, with all expenditure supported by appropriate approvals and proper documentation that complies with JSI and USAID reporting requirements;
- Review vendor invoices for conformity/compliance to purchase orders or contracts before submitting to Tamale Finance Office for payment.
- Processing of statutory payments as necessary, e.g. Ghana Revenue Authority;
- Assist with Accra based project procurement;
- Manage and ensure Accra inventory is always up to date;
- Reviewing and posting of Adverts for jobs and for procurement as necessary;
- Oversee all forms and submissions to USAID and/or government authorities for CD/VAT/NHIL vouchers/receipts.
- Provide administrative support for workshops, training, meetings held in Accra;
- Ensure that all SPRING Accra based activities are implemented in accordance with USAID and JSI financial rules, regulations and procedures;
Act as Administrative liaison between Tamale HQ and partners, government and other institutions including, but not limited to:
- Social Welfare Department
- Ghana Registrar of Companies
- Ghana Revenue Authority
- JSI sister projects in Accra
- Other USAID projects in Accra
- JSI bank (currently Standard Chartered)
- Act as point of contact for all visitors from the US or Tamale – make sure office space, mobile phone, internet access, office supplies are available as needed;
- Make hotel, transportation and flight arrangements as needed for US or Tamale visitors.
- Process exemptions for Expats and Custom duty exemptions;
- Assist in getting work permits, visas, immigration papers, drivers permit.
Assist Tamale HQ in filling in any personnel gaps as needed. This would require travel to Tamale on an occasional basis.
Required Skills or Experience
- A university degree in Business Studies or other degree relevant to the job;
- At least 3 years of experience in administrative management – working within a USAID-funded projects in a similar position is an advantage;
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision in a multi-cultural environment;
- Excellent written and verbal communication, analytical, decision making, problem solving and administrative skills;
- Must be able to juggle multiple assignments, meet deadlines, work flexibly in a dynamic, fast paced environment and maintain sense of perspective;
- Successful experience in similar jobs;
- Required computer skills included MS Office (minimum Word and Excel) and internet;
- It requires a highly motivated individual with a strong customer service orientation and a demonstrated commitment to JSI’s organizational values and financial regulations.
How To Apply
Interested applicants with the requisite qualification(s) and related work experience should submit
- Application Letter addressed to the HR Manager as below:
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae including Names, Title, Organization, Phone number, Email and Addresses of Three (3) Referees to [email protected]
HUMAN RESOURCES MANAGER, USAID/JSI RESEARCH & TRAINING INSTITUTE, INC., SPRING PROJECT/GHANA, HOUSE # NK BLK “B” 118 NORTH KANVILLI, TAMALE.
- Applications should be submitted to the HR Manager through [email protected]
- Deadline – June 14, 2016
- JSI will only contact short-listed applicants. Please no phone calls.
Interested applicants are also encouraged to visit the sites below for more information about JSI and SPRING/Ghana www.jsi.com ; http://www.spring-nutrition.org