SI Research and Training Institute, Inc. (JSI) is a leader in improving the health of individuals and communities by providing high-quality technical and managerial assistance to public health programs worldwide. JSI has implemented projects in 104 countries, and currently operates from eight U.S. and 81 international offices for the past 30 years.
Job Title: Administrative Assistant/Receptionist
JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. (JSI), a leader in global health, is currently recruiting for an Administrative Assistant/Receptionist for the recently awarded USAID-funded five year Strengthening the Care Continuum Project in Ghana. The overall goal of the project is to improve the capacity of the Government of Ghana (GOG) and its partners to provide quality and comprehensive HIV services for key populations and people living with HIV/AIDS using a coordinated and sustainable approach. This is a full-time position that will be based in Kumasi, Ghana. S/he will report to the Finance & Admin Officer.
Job Location: Kumasi
No. of Positions:One (1) Position
Reporting Relationship: The Admin. Assistant/Receptionist reports to the Finance & Admin Officer in Kumasi.
Major Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- The Administrative Assistant/Receptionist will be responsible for all project administrative needs. These tasks include:
- Assist with all aspects of administrative support to staff, directory maintenance, equipment inventory and storage;
- Receive and answer fax/telephone/conference calls and greet all visitors in a professional and courteous manner;
- Oversee office upkeep, including required repairs and cleaning;
- Assist with the management of travel arrangements for personnel and visiting Head Office staff, if applicable, including hotel booking and airline reservations;
- Prepare and manage welcome materials for new staff including: orientation package, staff ID cards, business cards, office keys, telephone extensions, colleague contact information, etc.;
- Manage office filing system and handle official documents confidentially;
- Assist in arranging office events and staff retreats;
- Distribute office mail and send out mail/packages to the appropriate hosts and couriers;
- Other duties as requested by the F&A Officer and Regional Manager.
Required Skills or Experience
- Diploma in Secretarial duties or equivalent with at least 2 years’ experience in an administrative role or similar position.
- Ability to manage office equipment such as computers, photocopiers, projectors and printers.
- Strong filing and secretarial skills and proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to multi-task with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent English communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience working with an international NGO is strongly preferred.
- Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to [email protected] by September 30th, 2016. This posting is strictly for persons living in Kumasi. No phone calls accepted
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to [email protected] by September 30th, 2016.
This posting is strictly for persons living in Kumasi.
No phone calls accepted