JSI Research and Training Institute, Inc. (JSI) is a leader in improving the health of individuals and communities by providing high-quality technical and managerial assistance to public health programs worldwide. JSI has implemented projects in 104 countries, and currently operates from eight U.S. and 81 international offices for the past 30 years.
Job Title: Facilities Associate
JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc., Ghana Strengthening the Continuum of Care
JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. (JSI), a leader in global health, is currently recruiting for one (1) Facilities Associates for the USAID-funded five year Strengthening the Care Continuum Project in Ghana. The overall goal of the project is to improve the capacity of the Government of Ghana (GOG) and its partners to provide quality and comprehensive HIV services for key populations and people living with HIV/AIDS using a coordinated and sustainable approach. This is a full-time position that will be based in Kumasi, Ghana. S/he will report to the F&A Officer.
Job Location: Kumasi
No. of Positions: One (1) Position
Reporting Relationship: The Admin. Assistant/Receptionist reports to the Finance & Admin Officer in Kumasi.
Major Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
The Facilities Associate will be responsible for the day-to-day cleaning of the project’s Kumasi office. This includes the following:
- Clean building floors, individual offices, corridors, stairs and meeting rooms by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing or vacuuming them daily.
- Dust, clean, and polish office furniture and fixtures such as office desks, chairs, shelves and guest chairs including their backs and legs.
- Remove spider webs from buildings, individual offices, corridors, stairs and meeting rooms.
- Gather and empty trash from each office every day.
- Clean and polish outside parts of desk phones, printers, and photocopiers.
- Clean windows, glass partitions, and mirrors, using soapy water/window Facilities Associates or other Facilities Associates and sponges.
- Supply restrooms with tissue papers, paper towels, air fresheners and disinfectants as needed.
- Use cleaning solutions to remove stains and clean surfaces.
- Ensure that carpets and curtains are dusted, vacuumed and shampooed on a regular basis.
- Dust and water plants in every office and corridors regularly.
- Occasionally spray offices with bug spray.
- Notify the F&A Officer concerning the need for major repairs or additions to building operating systems.
- Request supplies and equipment needed for cleaning and maintenance duties.
- Set up, arrange, and remove tables and chairs to prepare facilities for events such as meetings and workshops.
- Monitor building security and safety by performing such tasks as locking doors after operating hours and checking electrical appliance use to ensure that hazards are not created.
- Provide refreshment service during official meetings in the conference room and other meeting areas in the office.
- Ensure that drinking water jars are filled ahead of time.
- Remove used cups and glasses from offices.
- Ensure the kitchen area and equipment is clean and hygienic.
Required Skills or Experience
- The candidate should have at least 5 years of experience working as a Facilities Associate/janitor or facilities Associate.
- S/he should possess a basic education certificate and a basic ability to communicate in English.
- S/he should be able to work within a diverse team and with minimal supervision.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to [email protected] by February 20th, 2017.
No phone calls accepted