JSI Research and Training Institute, Inc. (JSI) is a leader in improving the health of individuals and communities by providing high-quality technical and managerial assistance to public health programs worldwide. JSI has implemented projects in 104 countries, and currently operates from eight U.S. and 81 international offices for the past 30 years.
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Officers (2 Positions)
JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. (JSI), a leader in global health, is currently recruiting for two (2) Monitoring and Evaluation Officers for a recently awarded USAID-funded five year Strengthening the Care Continuum Project in Ghana. The overall goal of the project is to improve the capacity of the Government of Ghana (GOG) and its partners to provide quality and comprehensive HIV services for key populations and people living with HIV and AIDS (PLHIV) using a coordinated and sustainable approach. This is a full-time position ideally for Ghanaian nationals and will be based in Accra and Kumasi, Ghana.
Job Location: Accra & Kumasi
No. of Positions: One (1) Position in each location
Reporting Relationship: The M&E Officer in Accra reports to the Senior M&E Advisor whilst the M&E Officer in Kumasi reports to the Regional Manager in Kumasi.
Major Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Support the Senior M&E Advisor in planning, developing and managing activities to ensure that project M&E functions smoothly and efficiently;
- Support partners to develop, capture, consolidate and report on mutually identified indicators and ensure high quality and timely reporting of data and monitoring.
- Conduct supportive supervisory visits to sub grantees to observe, monitor and provide guidance and quality feedback on the use of data and indicators.
- Support periodically reviewing and revising of the project PMEP, including indicators and targets as well as plans, budgets, and timelines for M&E activities;
- Compile and analyze data from each of the project strategies and activities;
- Support Care Continuum Project staff in presenting and using data on an ongoing basis for identifying problems if and when they arise and for evidence-based decision-making;
- In coordination with the Senior M&E Advisor, prepare or assist in the preparation of reports of Care Continuum Project results, as needed, at all levels;
- Provide M&E information for quarterly reports, other reports, and presentations on Care Continuum Project results and achievements;
- Contribute to and actively participate in Care Continuum Project planning, even when not specifically related to M&E;
- Support Care Continuum Project and HQ staff in carrying out research;
- Assist project staff in conducting web searches, and reviewing literature on research topics;
- Support establishment and operationalization of quality improvement systems;
- Work with other technical team members to identify opportunities for further strengthening NGOs, District Teams and community services;
- In collaboration with Senior M&E Advisor, support the implementation of learning and relevant research agenda for The Care Continuum Project;
- Contribute to the development of technical resource materials, including guidelines, training manuals, curricula and job aids, as necessary.
- Provide timely reports, documents and proposals as requested;
- Provide initial review of documents/outputs produced by consultants and other Care Continuum Project staff.
Required Skills or Experience
- Master’s degree in public health, statistics or related social science;
- Computer skills demonstrating competency in MS Office and at least one statistical package such as SPSS or STATA;
- A minimum of 4 years relevant work experience in monitoring and evaluation related to international public health. M&E experience should relate to the use of measurement methods required for monitoring and evaluation in international public health programs in at least one of the following: household surveys, health facility assessments, operations research, qualitative research, routine health information systems or other routine data sources;
- Experience with management of M&E systems for USAID or PEPFAR HIV-related programming, especially in supporting M&E activities of local NGO implementing microplanning and key population hotspots interventions in Ghana.
- Ability to work effectively in a team consisting of people with different technical backgrounds and with varying levels of technical training;
- Ability to assess priorities and handle multiple tasks simultaneously to meet deadlines with attention to detail and quality;
- Excellent English written and oral communication skills, and the ability to write for a range of audiences and purposes, including superior presentation skills;
- Ability to translate technical information into practical guidance and tools and effectively communicate these using print, electronic, and presentation media
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit a cover letter and resume to [email protected] by August 31st, 2016
And state clearly which region (Accra or Kumasi) they are applying for.
Persons living in Kumasi are encouraged to apply for the Kumasi position.
There will be no re-location allowance for this posting.
No phone calls accepted.