Posted on :
22 Jul, 2016
22 Jul, 2016
Winrock International is a nonprofit organization that works with people in the United States and around the world to empower the disadvantaged, increase economic opportunity, and sustain natural resources. By linking local individuals and communities with new ideas and technology, Winrock is increasing long-term productivity, equity, and responsible resource management to benefit the poor and disadvantaged of the world.
Job Title: Communication Director
Effective with the release of this position announcement, Winrock International is seeking applicants for the position of Communication Director to be based in Tamale, Ghana as part of a new USAID-funded Feed the Future Ghana Agriculture and Natural Resources Management project.
• LOCATION: Tamale, Ghana
• UNIT: Forestry and Natural Resource Management Group
• REPORTS TO: Chief of Party
• The Communication Director will work with the Chief of Party (COP), technical staff, field teams, and partners to manage and oversee all communications of the project. S/he will lead the development of internal communications strategies to ensure coordination between the main project office in Tamale, field offices in the region, and Winrock headquarters. The Communication Director will also manage external communications.
• External communications will include, but are not limited to, press releases, press conferences, site visits, success stories, events, and project reports. The Communication Director will assist other staff to organize and manage events such as the project launch, regional or national workshops, stakeholder meetings, along with other events that highlight the project.
• Implement the USAID AgNRM project’s communication strategy and plan;
• Oversee outreach, communications, and development of project communications materials;
• Ensure publications follow the project’s Branding Strategy and Marking Plan;
• Work closely with teams to gather information for internal and external reports and success stories;
• Evaluate impact of communications program and refine it accordingly;
• Promote clear internal communications efforts throughout the organization by exploring solutions and/or upgrades to project management and communications, such as improved teleconferencing and web-based communications products;
• Support the project team in timely preparation and submission of reports and other deliverables;
• Assist in writing quarterly and annual performance reports, annual work plans, and develop ad hoc presentations and reports;
• Travel to all related field sites to oversee and implement various communication activities;
• Work on advocacy and policy issues as it relates to communications;
• Manage communications consultants, reporting and budget functions;
• Design and manage events;
• Complete other tasks as assigned by the Winrock Team.
SALARY & BENEFITS
The annual salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Excellent benefits include life, disability and medical insurance, retirement, and other normal Winrock benefits.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Education: Degree in Communications, Graphics Design, Journalism, Marketing, or relevant international development field.
• Work Experience:Three years of relevant experience designing and managing communications and outreach strategies.
• Experience writing program summaries, press releases, etc.
• Experience organizing and managing public events, such as press conferences, workshops, and meetings.
• Demonstrated and proven record to work in a multidisciplinary team under changeable and complex circumstances.
• Previous work experience and knowledge of USAID or other donor projects in Africa.
• Excellent understanding of existing communications tools and mechanisms, including web-based systems.
• Graphic design experience is an advantage.
• Excellent interpersonal and oral and written communication skills.
• Fluency in English required.
• Computer literacy, specifically in Microsoft Word and Excel, is required.
How to Apply For the Job
All interested candidates shall submit their applications (maximum 5 pages including resume, three references and one-page cover letter) in English to:
[email protected], indicating “Communication Director ” in the subject line.
Closing Date: 01 August, 2016
• Applications will be reviewed as they are received.
• Final deadline for applications is August 1, 2016.
• Winrock would like to graciously thank all applicants for their interest but only candidates who meet all requisite criteria and are short listed will be contacted.