The Centre was officially co-opened on January 24, 2004 by His Excellency the President of the Republic of Ghana, John A. Kufuor, and His Excellency the Chancellor of the Federal Republic of Germany, Gerhard Schroder. The second phase of the building project at the centre, which was funded by the UK, Italy and the Dutch governments, was completed in 2006. These facilities were inaugurated by Ghana’s Minister for Defence, Dr Kwame Addo-Kufuor, and the UK Minister of State for the Armed Forces, Mr. Adam Ingram, on September 22, 2005.
A few years into its operations, the KAIPTC has carved a niche as a world-class research and training facility for Africa – a regional Centre of Excellence that embraces all aspects of research and training for enhanced performance in integrated peace support operations. The centre’s activities draw participants from the full spectrum of the peacekeeping community, the security sector and civil, diplomatic and nongovernmental agencies. Since the first peacekeeping training course was organized in 2003, the Centre has run over 207 training courses for more than 8547 individuals from over 88 countries and major organizations in Europe, North and South America, Asia and Africa as at 31st December, 2011. Core courses in peacekeeping activities are augmented by other specialist and train-the-trainer courses, seminars, conferences and workshops, all of which are designed to reflect regional needs and stakeholder requirements. The KAIPTC also hosts a Field Training Team which conducts pre-deployment training courses for units of Ghana Armed Forces, military observers and other staff officers designated for UN/AU Missions. This team trains an average of over 3,800 individuals every year at the Bundase Training Camp. In addition to the research and training programmes, the KAIPTC is now an accredited tertiary institution and runs Post graduate programmes in Conflict, Peace and Security and Gender, Peace and Security programme.
Job Title: E-Learning And LMS Officer
Among the key expectations for the role are to:
- Liaises with the partnered E-Learning Institutions (agreements, training, technical support, exchange of experiences, funding etc.)
- Supports the development of the KAIPTC E-Learning shelf
- Leads the technical implementation and maintenance of all E-Iearning modules by mastering the principles in E-learning instructional design.
- Monitors user behaviors and draws conclusions for continuous module improvement
- Provides support to stake olders accessing or using LMS (“LMS help desk”) and the ELeaming platform.
- Updates the TED Webpage on the KAIPTC website
- Prepares and update it on a weekly basis the KAIPTC Program Calendar (all activities such as courses, workshops, conferences, etc.) in cooperation with Course Directors, Course Coordination and other stakeholders.
- Compiles a draft Calendar for the ensuing year.
- Grants IT-support to the TED Team and works with IT to develop enhancements.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Head of TED
Required Skills or Experience
- A first degree in IT and an applied training in e-leaming instructional design is required
- A master’s degree in Peace & Security studies or related field will be advantageous.
- A minimum of 3-5 years relevant professional experience.
- At least 2 years of these should have been with eLearning authoring tools, Moodle administration etc.
How to Apply
For the complete role description/specifications and instructions kindly check this link: http://www.kaiptc.org/Media-Room/News/Job-Vacancy-E-Learning-and-LMS-Officer.aspx Interested applicants are kindly requested to send their CV together with 3 references not later than 2 weeks from publication date to the e-mail address [email protected] KAIPTC is an equal opportunity employer