Kal Tire are the world’s largest Earthmover Tyre Distributor, supplying goods and services across 5 continents in more than 20 countries. With a turnover in excess of $1.5Bn they are recognised as the premier global employer in their field offering tangible opportunities for personal and professional development.
The business continues to invest in innovation and is enjoying significant, sustained growth throughout each of its territories.
Kal Tire is a mature business in West Africa with more than 20 years experience in the country and we are now looking to recruit a professional Human Resources Manager to support continuing development.
The Human Resources Manager is responsible for developing, managing and implementing Kal Tire’s HR policies and structures; and to providing positive admin support to operational and strategic growth requirements within agreed budgets.
Recruitment and Administration
- Liaise with line managers to determine recruitment needs.
- Create job specifications, advertising and conducting first interviews against set competencies.
- Manage Ex-pat visa allocations and immigration requirements
- Prepare team member induction process and organize induction for new recruits.
- Organize and support Kal Tire team member training programme, in Ghana or externally.
- Administer and support Kal Tire Ghana business:
- IT and telecom systems and requirements
- Kal Tire buildings infrastructure, upkeep, furniture and fittings
- Kal Tire branding – signage, branded clothing, stickers
- Rental agreements
- Utilities, security, cleaning and other contractors
- Flights and hotel bookings.
- Create and manage administration and labour budget.
- Provide advice and guidance in working with the labour agreements.
Health and Safety:
- Develop Safe work performance strategies.
- Manage and report safe work performance monthly reports as specified by Kal Tire Group.
- Create, implement and manage of Kal Tire’s HR strategy and policies, including:
- HR personnel management database
- Job specification roles for each post in conjunction with line managers. Responsibility for maintaining live database of roles in Takoradi
- Recruitment adverts and interview competency testing programme
- Succession planning and mentoring process
- Salary and pay scale structure
- Disciplinary procedures
- Holiday rosters and entitlements.
- Design and implement HR policies and guidelines for professional & managerial team members.
- Negotiate; rewrite and ensure settlement of CBA and other GMU related issues with Senior Management.
- Ensure Kal Tire Ghana comply with all applicable laws and regulations in country.
- Identify and establish suitable Kal Tire social welfare fund that delivers an agreed sustainable benefit to the local community.
- Organize and deliver all Kal Tire sponsored social or business events, conferences and other events as necessary.
- Contribute to regional strategy development and implementation.
Key Performance Indicators:
The Key Performance Indicators are evolving and currently include:
- HR programs are created to ensure best practices within corporate guidelines and legislative requirements.
- The best HR practices are followed to find and train competent team members to meet the needs of the business.
Required Skills or Experience
- At least 5 years Human Resources management within an industrial environment, preferably in mining, manufacturing and or in sales.
Knowledge, Skill and Abilities:
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong computer experience particularly with the use of spreadsheets.
- Accurate data input skills with aptitude for figures and statistics.
- Ability to present information in forms, tables and spreadsheets.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, negotiating, influencing, prioritization, decision-making, and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to communicate with a wide range of people both verbally and written.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment to identify and resolve problems.
- Able to deliver effective results, meet tight deadlines and targets, under pressure.
- Experience of undertaking administrative work in an office environment.
- Able to respond positively to change.
- Post secondary diploma or degree in Human Resources and or Administration.
Kal Tire AIMS:
Must be consistently able to demonstrate the Kal Tire AIMS:
- Earn trust of customers by providing them with quality and value of service and products
- Work productively, efficiently, and contribute
- Work towards expansion of the company and maintain competitiveness in the industry
- Honesty and Integrity
How To Apply