If your friends and family consider you to be the perfect host, then this might be your opportunity!
A young and energetic team of professionals are operating an outstanding 5* luxury hotel at the former Gold Coast, the Kempinski Hotel Gold Coast City in Accra/ Ghana.
You can be part of the unique experience of “Uniting African Hospitality with European Traditions”. If you see yourself matching with below mentioned characteristics and competencies and are ready to take on an exciting challenge, please take the next step!
Job Title: Tandoori Chef
Reporting to the Executive Sous Chef, the Tandoori Chef’s main function is to assist the Executive Sous Chef in managing the Kitchen in order to ensure the highest standards. He/ She will ensure that standard recipes are developed and written, new dishes and products are developed, outstanding culinary technical skills are maintained, profitability and popularity of dishes on the menu are reviewed based upon menu item sales figures, and changes are made where applicable, effective employee working relationships are established and maintained, all HACCP guidelines are achieved and maintained.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Assist the Executive Sous Chef in developing training plans, develop training material in accordance with Kempinski guidelines and implement training plans for the Food Production employees and other Food and Beverage employees.
- Ability to cook using a tandoor, a brick or clay oven commonly used in Indian-style cooking. Takes responsibility of mise en place and set up of his station.
- Ensures that special care is taken in ensuring that food is cooked evenly since the temperature in the tandoor can vary from bottom to top.
- Assists kitchen staff in maintaining high cuisine standards for function guests.
- Is able to train the junior staff the basic of tandoor cooking so in his absence the standards can be carried on.
- Assists the executive chef in ensuring that health and safety standards are upheld in the kitchen.
- Assists the Executive Chef in the development of Indian menus and the implementation of the tandoor menus
- Assists other kitchen staff in ensuring that the kitchen is kept clean at all times.
- Assist the Executive Sous Chef in developing and maintaining up-dated operations manuals for all Food Production and Stewarding sections and in developing recipes and maintaining up-dated and accurate costing of all dishes prepared and sold in the Food and Beverage operation.
- Participate and supervise the kitchen in the preparation and presentation of all food items in accordance with the hotel’s food and beverage standards and standardized menu guidelines.
Additional responsibilities and tasks can be added at any time according to the needs of the business and of the hotel.
- Gastronomic education certificate or equivalent (apprenticeship/diploma/BA/Bsc)
- HACCP certification
- Minimum 3 years plus cooking with a tandoori oven in a Indian or Asian restaurant.
- Experience in a standalone F&B operation is beneficial
- Ability to work and communicate in a multinational environment:
- English – excellent oral and written skills
- Ability to establish and retain effective working relationships with hotel staff and clients/vendors
- Ability to identify and delegate tasks effectively
- Computer literacy adapted to the field of culinary:
Computer Literacy Adapted To The Field Of Culinary
- Ability to operate computer and office equipment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
To Fill This Position The Candidate Must Identify With The Kempinski Core Values. In Addition They Should Be Especially
- Results Driven
- Being passionate about what you do
- Being a team player
- Having advanced communication skills (verbal as well as written)
- Understanding the difference between managing and leading a team
- Having profound knowledge about figures
- Having lived in multi-cultural environment outside of home country
WHAT DO WE OFFER YOU?
- Being a member of a young and energetic team
- Being part of the Kempinski family that focuses on talent development
- Being part of a company that focuses more on getting the best out of every employee rather than limiting them with excessive standard operating procedures
- Future growth within the Kempinski group
If you meet the above requirements, please send your cover letter, and CV in confidence by email clearly stating the position and job reference number email subject to
All applications must reach us by close of business on July 15, 2016. We look forward to receiving your application. Due to the volume of applications received, please note that only candidates shortlisted for interview will be contacted. Candidates may be contacted for interview before the close of the application deadline. Thank you for your interest in joining the team at Kempinski Hotel, Gold Coast City Accra.
Please note that this position is a local hire.