Kinross Gold Corporation is a Canadian-based gold mining company with mines and projects in the United States, Brazil, Chile, Russia, Ghana and Mauritania. It is one of the largest gold companies. Kinross began from the amalgamation of three companies in 1993, initially owning a mine in British Columbia and royalties on a mine in Nevada. Following a series of takeovers and mergers, Kinross now owns ten active gold mines on four continents.
Job Title: Instrumentation Technician
- Actively promote Safety culture and Hazard awareness and maintain production goals and objectives as a team.
- Ensure relevant Safety, Mining and other statutory Codes and Regulations remain in full compliance, ensure safety at each work place.
- Actively participate in CGML Continuous Improvement programme.
- Investigate and provide technical reports for any incident and participate in Root Cause Analysis of failures when required.
- Conduct instrumentation evaluation and troubleshooting for electrical, pneumatic, electronic as well as programmable logic control (PLC) systems.
- Ensure conformance with environmental and safety requirements commensurate with executing required instrument maintenance or replacement activities.
- Other duties as reasonably assigned.
Education and Experience
- Journey level electrician license with at least 2 years experience in a multi- national company
- Proven ability to read and interpret technical drawings, parts books and service manuals (including specifications) for Company Equipment and plan jobs in coordination with colleagues.
- Good Command of the English Language.
- Must possess a valid Ghanaian Driver’s License with good and defensive driving skills.
- Ability to work for long hours and without supervision.
- Ability to work under pressure and safely in a mining environment