Posted on :
25 Aug, 2016
25 Aug, 2016
The Ghana-India Kofi Annan Centre of Excellence in ICT (AITI-KACE), Ghana’s first Advanced Information Technology Institute works to stimulate the growth of the ICT Sector in ECOWAS. Established in 2003, through a partnership between the Government of Ghana and the Government of India, this state-of-the-art facility provides a dynamic environment for innovation, teaching and learning as well as practical research on the application of ICT4D in Africa.
Job Title: Director-General
We are looking for a dynamic and results oriented individual to fill the position of the Director-General at the Ghana-India Kofi Annan Centre of Excellence in ICT(AITI-KACE).
• Provides general oversight of all AITI-KAC activities, manages the day-to-day operations, and assures a smoothly functioning, efficient organization.
• Assures program quality and organizational stability through development and implementation of standards and controls, systems and procedures, and regular evaluation.
• Promotes programs and services that are produced in a cost-effective manner, employing economy while maintaining an acceptable level of quality.
• Provides oversight for pricing of existing programmes and new proposals determined within the established guidelines while ensuring business and sustainability targets are achieved
• Oversees the fiscal activities of the organization including budgeting, reporting and audit.
• Facilitates the integration of AITI-KACE into the fabric of the community by using effective marketing and communications activities.
• Acts as an advocate, within the public and private sectors, for issues relevant to AITI-KACE, its services and constituencies.
• Initiates, develops, and maintains cooperative relationships with key constituencies.
• Participates actively in identifying, cultivating and soliciting sponsorships.
• Establishes new links with external partners, and build upon existing relationships.
• Takes a leadership role in the development of an international reputation for the Centre.
• Ensures that the Centre has a presence at relevant high-profile international conferences, in order to make the Centre relevant in the ICT world.
• Produces and ensures the production of high quality, peer-reviewed papers by members of faculty
• Ensures an appreciable pool of quality facilitator (AITI-KACE staff especially and adjuncts) available for all programmes
The successful candidate may be asked to perform other duties occasionally that are not included above, but which will be consistent with the role of a Director General.
Qualification Required & Experience
• A PhD in computer science or a related discipline with ten(10)years post qualification experience or master’s Degree in computer science or a related discipline with fifteen (15)years post qualification experience preferably a mix of public Administration/organizational development and academics
How To Apply For The Job
Interested applicants may submit their application, including their most recent curriculum vitae to the following address below:
Or mail to:
The Human Resource Manager
Ghana-India Annan Centre of Excellence in ICT
(AITI-KACE) PMB State House Accra
Closing Date: 30 September, 2016