LADL aims to provide healthy alternatives of pastries, drinks, sandwiches, and salads for the ever-increasing number of health-conscious people around the country.
Working with LADL means a commitment to satisfying customers who are seeking a new lease on life through a healthy lifestyle. Our goal is to provide healthy, hygienic, consistent, exceptional quality products that enhance the wellbeing of our customers.
Job Title: Pastry, Cake, Sandwich, and Salad Chef
This is a production role and falls under the Operations department of LADL Patisserie. The successful candidate will be required to possess an NVTI certificate or equivalent and must have prior experience working as a French pastry/patisserie and cakes chef with some experience in making salads and sandwiches.
Key to the role is training in hygienic food handling, thus the candidate must already possess training in food handling or must be ready to be trained in food handling.
Impressive performance in this job will lead to eventually becoming a Senior Chef and eventually the Production Manager. From the beginning you will be reporting directly to the Operations Manager.
Position Responsibilities and Structure
- As a pastry, cake, sandwich, and salad chef, you will be required to manage the entire production process.
- You will be given production targets and a work schedule based on which you will be required to estimate and forecast all materials requirements and put in requisitions for ingredients appropriately.
- You must be very creative and constantly research into new and improved ways of making LADL Patisserie’s products.
- You shall handle all the business equipment and materials with utmost care and you shall be held accountable for any wastage of materials like ingredients, power, gas, etc and shall ensure that this is minimal if not completely eliminated else you would be called upon to pay for wastage as and when deemed necessary.
- You will be required to produce sandwiches, salads, cakes, and pastries on a daily basis.
- Production of sandwiches and salads, in particular, must be done with utmost care. Handling of vegetables must be done very hygienically, without compromise.
- The safety and cleanliness of the environment in which you work will be your sole responsibility and you will be held liable for it.
- You must possess an AMA health and food handling safety certificate and you will undergo additional tests in a hospital approved by the business owner.
- You will be required to sign in and sign out daily. Failure to sign in or out would be counted as absence from work even if you showed up that day. Salary payment would be directly linked to the number of days worked per month.
- Late arrival will not be tolerated at any time. You would forfeit your salary for the hours you were late.
- Absence due to illness must be backed by a hospital report stamped and signed by a certified doctor from a recognized hospital. Absence without such a report would lead to a forfeiture of salary for the first time but subsequently would lead to termination of your appointment.
- LADL Patisserie believes in multi-tasking and training employees to be versatile. All employees will be assigned other duties by management as and when required, and employees will be expected to perform those duties without fail.
- This is not a fixed 40-hours-per-week job. You may be called upon to work extra hours as the need arises because, as a catering service provider, our services may be required outside the normal working hours for various events. Most events occur on holidays and weekends and have no time limits.
Minimum Job Requirements
- You must be at least 21 years of age with at least an SHS certificate or its equivalent and must speak and read English. There will be no excuse for not understanding instructions communicated in English. Knowledge of French would be an added advantage. You must be physically fit as this role requires a lot of standing.
Required Qualifications and Skills
- You must be able to prepare excellent puff dough with the evidence showing in the layering of flaky pies.
- You must produce croissant dough that results in light, fluffy, buttery and tasty croissants.
- You must understand the techniques of cake-making and must be excellent at producing local varieties as well as sponge cakes, red velvet, marble, black and white forest amongst others.
- You must possess an AMA food handlers certificate and an FDA food handling certificate
- You must have previous experience working in this capacity with evidence from a reputable organization.
The successful candidate will be compensated in line with other similar positions in Ghana.
This position is open to all persons eligible to work in Ghana.
How to Apply
Please send an application letter and your CV in a single PDF document by email to [email protected]
Please send the email with the subject line “LAST NAME, First Name – Chef”. The deadline for submission of applications is Saturday 29th April 2017 at 11:59 pm Ghana time.