Lancaster, consistently highly ranked in the UK league tables, is established as a world player in research and teaching as reflected in our rising global league table position. Our graduates also perform well in an increasingly competitive job market and our thriving alumni networks of over 130,000 alumni in 183 countries worldwide are testament to the quality of our degree courses.
“Lancaster’s community extends far beyond the campus with research, teaching and student exchange partnerships with leading universities and institutions in 24 countries across the world.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Design and recommend the information technology requirements needed to achieve the Company’s goals and then works within a budget to implement the plan.
- Directing of network configuration and installation of computer related hardware and installing new systems.
- Manage IT related security including user security, virus prevention, archive, retention and retrieval of material, data security from external or internal attack.
- Development and maintenance of policy and protocol for management of information systems.
- Management of internal and external network administration.
- Experienced in
– CISCO router and its configurations
– Knowledge and Experience on VMware vSphere and vCenter Management
– Microsoft Windows server 20XX Environment
– DHCP, DNS, network security and monitoring/troubleshooting
– Web Technologies and Database Concepts
- Build and maintain vendor relationships and responsible of the purchase of hardware and software products and other IT supplies
- Planning, developing, and implementing the IT budget, obtaining competitive prices from suppliers, to ensure cost effectiveness.
- Scheduling upgrades and security backups for hardware and software systems and regular housekeeping procedures including data backup
- Ensure that software licensing laws are adhered to
- Manage crises situations, which may involve complex technical hardware or software problems.
- Mentoring and training new IT support staff
- Keeping up to date with the latest technologies
- Work with project teams to help implement internal systems
- Oversee all help desk activities and respond to escalated help desk issues in timely fashion
- Oversee the administration and maintenance of our tracking software
- Ensure the maintenance and the security of all the computers
- Design and Install administer effective software solutions for enhancing efficiency of workflow.
- Plan, design and implement specific software tools and applications to support the organization’s requirements
- Maintain related documentation
- Monitor the performance of software and enhance as required
- Update technical skills and knowledge on an ongoing basis
- Ensure end user satisfactions with the effectiveness and timeliness of technical support provided
- Keeps team well informed of changes within the organization
- Effectively communicates relevant IT related information to superiors
- Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully
- Serves as main point of contact on all IT related matters for the office assigned
- Plan training needs to IT department
- Bachelor degree in Engineering or equivalent qualifications
- Excellent communication skills with people at all levels
- Ability to plan and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously and resolve problems independently.
- Minimum five years IT experience
- Fluent in English
- Problem Solver
- Initiative & creative
- Time management
Submit your CV to [email protected]