Posted on :
21 Dec, 2016
21 Dec, 2016
The Graphic Communications Group Limited is the leading and largest newspaper publishing company in Ghana. Graphic Communications Group Limited was established in 1950 by the then Daily Mirror Group in UK.
Graphic publishes and distributes all the popular national newspapers. There is the Daily Graphic which is the flagship and printed everyday except on Sundays. There is the Graphic Mirror, Graphic Sports, Graphic Business and the Junior Graphic for its junior readers.
Job Title: Procurement Manager
We require a confident leader to manage the procurement of materials to facilities operations and production of GCGLs newspapers to enable the company realize its business objectives within the framework of strategy, budget and company policies and work procedure
The successful applicant will be required to track the local macro-economic indicators to ensure the company takes maximum advantage and must be abreast of the world economic outlook and trends in the newspaper industry, particularly on how they would impact on GCGL’s business to be able to recommend and to advise on overseas procurement to the advantage of the company.
• Source for raw materials and capital items and services, ensuring that GCGL obtains best value for money for its purchases
• Recommend and abide by GCGL’s inventory policy ensuring availability of raw materials for production whilst maximizing working capital
• Ensure timely and efficient clearing of materials at the port and ensure minimal demurral charges
• Responsible for recommending reviews of GCGL procurement procedures and ensure compliance by line management to protect the interest of the company
Skills / Competencies required
• Skills and competencies required
• Strong business awareness and analytical skills
• Strong numeracy skills
• Strong customer centered orientation
• Highly motivated with strong drive and ability to exert positive influence to achieve key deliverable
• Excellent verbal written communication and presentation skills
• Strong computer literacy skills
• Strong leadership and negotiation skills
Qualification Required & Experience
• A degree in Procurement, Business Administrations, Economics, Statistics or Mathematics
• Membership of the Institute of purchasing and supply/supply chain management institute
• 5 years relevant experience in the paper industry
DESIRABLE: Working knowledge of the media industry
How To Apply For The Job
If you wish to apply, please send a detailed CV together with a covering letter and contact telephone number to:
The Director, HR & Administration
Graphic Communications Group Ltd.
P.O.Box GP 742
Alternatively, you may email your application to the Human Resource Operations Manager at:-
Closing Date: 06 January, 2017