The Technical Advisor (TA) supports the provision of technical assistance activities aimed at strengthening pharmaceutical management in developing countries. S/he works closely with PHT senior technical staff and project directors to support the adequate implementation of relevant PHT core, regional and country level pharmaceutical management activities under the Achieving Catalytic Expansion of Seasonal Malaria Chemoprevention in the Sahel (ACCESS-SMC) project and the Systems for Improved Access to Pharmaceutical and Services (SIAPS) project. The Technical Advisor provides support in carrying out literature reviews, research and survey activities and participates in the development and implementation of training programs, meetings and workshops. In collaboration with and under guidance from senior staff, he/she assists in all planning, design, monitoring and evaluation, documentation, and reporting activities ensuring adequate contribution to ACCESS-SMC and SIAPS results.
- Participate in the planning, design, implementation and evaluation of technical assistance pharmaceutical management activities in support to ACCESS-SMC/SIAPS core, regional and country portfolios. This includes coordinating with field offices and headquarters staff and with relevant partners whenever required.
- Under the technical guidance of senior ACCESS-SMC and SIAPS staff and consultants, produce literature and/or field based reviews necessary for the conceptualization of pharmaceutical management interventions and for the development of technical briefs and concept papers.
- Support the implementation of assessment and/or survey activities including the development of data collection and analysis tools; development of data collection guides; and the development and implementation of data management plans for data processing and analysis.
- Support pharmaceutical management training activities including the development or adaptation of training, meeting and workshop materials and assist in the planning and delivery of ACCESS-SMC and SIAPS training programs, meetings and workshops.
- Collaborate with senior technical staff for the development and/or the review of technical reports arising from literature reviews, research or technical assistance activities
- Assist designated senior technical staff in monitoring and reporting on specific activities, deliverables and indicators.
- Provide writing and analytical assistance as needed to produce special reports and documents aimed for publication.
- Participate in the development of communication materials, presentations, articles, abstracts and posters in the context of knowledge management and participate in the presentation of these products to various audiences and forums.
- Assist in monitoring portfolio budgets and sub-budgets in collaboration with the finance team, ensuring adequate tracking of accruals and pipelines.
- Comply with reporting requirements established by the MSH/Ghana and Arlington offices
- Assist to document ACCESS-SMC/SIAPS program outputs and work with the Country Project Director and senior staff to compile monthly and quarterly progress reports
- Participate in other ACCESS-SMC/SIAPS/MSH activities as required.
Program Management Support
- Provide input and support to the Senior Principal Technical Advisor in the development of annual work plans and SOWs
- Support project leadership in the development of monthly, quarterly and ad hoc reports as needed
- Provide technical assistance to in-country stakeholders as agreed with donors and senior staff to build in-country capacity in specific areas of supply chain management and pharmaceutical services
- Understand and implement MSH and ACCESS-SMC/SIAPS SOPs and policies
- Maintain an on-going relationship with all stakeholders, keeping them informed and responding to their requests
- Master’s degree in public health or related field is strongly preferred, and the combination with diploma in medicine or pharmacy will be a plus.
- Relevant experience in international public health particularly in the in the implementation of activities related to supply chain management strongly preferred.
- Very strong competencies in technical writing and good oral communication required with ability to develop technical briefs.
- Demonstrated intermediate computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite applications, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and statistical software.
- Ability to write lucid technical reports and documents in English is required.
- Some proficiency in French is desired.
- Strong organizational and interpersonal skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, set priorities, and work effectively in a team spirit.
- Ability and availability to travel internationally and domestically.
- Experience with programs supported by bilateral agencies such as USAID and international agencies such as UNITAID, WHO and World Bank preferred.
Management Sciences for Health (MSH) saves lives and improves health, especially among the world’s poorest and most vulnerable people, by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health. Our mission is to save lives and improve the health of the world’s poorest and most vulnerable people by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health.
Management Sciences for Health is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status. Senior Principal Technical Advisor/Project Director for ACCESS-SMC
How to Apply
Submit your CV and Application online : Click Here