The Head of Programmes (HOP) will work collaboratively with other Directors of Departments and Support Functions to achieve MSIG’s objectives. The post holder reports to the Deputy Country Director. S/he will line manage MSIG’s four Regional Managers and ensure that the regions are successfully delivering project and Business Plan targets. As such, the Head of Programmes is responsible for the overall leadership of the all the Regions including delivery of results (e.g. annual Business Plan, donor projects, and other initiatives); team motivation and capacity building; strategic relationships with national government and other stakeholders (e.g. private providers and NGOs); and developing and establishing funding opportunities.
- The post is based in Accra and requires frequent travels.
- Length of contract: Two (2) years contract for all jobs
- Identify opportunities for technological and other innovation in the business and drive more efficient systems and optimise performance.
- Develop a clear annual implementation plan in consultation with Regional Managers and technical project leads.
- Support Regional Managers to identify and implement strategies to improve quality, productivity and cost effectiveness of Regional Outreach Teams and Bluestar Franchisees.
- Provide leadership and guidance to Regional Managers that enhances individual and team productivity and performance and encourages the application of MSIG values and behaviours.
- Investigate client complaints and conduct regular governance visits across all delivery channels.
- Work closely with the Marketing Department to develop marketing plans and ensure appropriate technical support is provided to the Regions to improve client flow and productivity.
- Work closely with the Clinical team on matters relating to training, quality assurance and management of medical issues to ensure high clinical quality standards are achieved across all delivery channels in the regions.
- Put in place and adhere to robust systems in order to reduce the risk of fraud.
- Directly manage and supervise the performance of four Regional Managers in liaison with the Director -Human Resources and Admin.
- Support positive engagement with external stakeholders and ensure effective MSIG representation at Regional and National level with Government, donors, project partners and other stakeholders.
Required Skills or Experience
- Bachelors Degree in health, demography, public health, development planning or social sciences/development studies
- Post-graduate or Masters Qualification in related field desired.
- Additional qualifications in Marketing, Project Management or Finance desired.
- Fluent written and oral English required.
Skills and Experience
- At least eight years of relevant post-graduate work experience with at least five years of experience in a senior management position.
- Demonstrated experience in successfully managing and motivating multi-disciplinary teams including remotely/from a distance.
- Demonstrated experience in networking and working in partnership with internal and external stakeholders to achieve results – working with INGOs, Government and Ghana Health Service as implementation partners
- Able to manage and motivate teams to achieve targets and to achieve organisational change.
- Excellent interpersonal/communication skills including motivating, negotiating and influencing
Interested and qualified applicants should send their applications addressed to:
Director – Human Resource and Admin
Marie Stopes Int. Ghana
Or by e-mail through: [email protected]