Posted on :
23 Jun, 2016
23 Jun, 2016
Marie Stopes International Ghana (MSIG) has vacancies for well-organised, client-oriented and energetic individuals with relevant qualification/s and experience to occupy the under-listed position/s in the organisation. MSIG’s goal is to meet the needs of the under served and improve access to the use of Family Planning (FP) and other Sexual Reproductive Health (SRH) services. MSIG is part of Marie Stopes International’s global partnership, which operates in over 37 countries worldwide.
Job Title: Business Advisor
Length of contract: One (1) year contract
• The Business Advisor (BA) will work closely with the Quality Assurance (QA) team.
• The BA will be responsible for facilitating Business Training of participating Social Franchise Outlets and also provide technical and administrative support for business performance and quality improvement processes.
• The Business Advisor will report directly to the Head of Donor Delivery and Compliance.
• S/he will be based in Accra and expected to travel to other regions when needed.
• The duties and responsibilities presented below may change and develop as activities evolve and expand.
• Provide technical support to members in the network by developing business plans/mini business plans and facilitating their implementation
• Develop and deliver weekly progress reports, proposals, required documentation, and make presentations to the relevant persons
• Ensure policy translation, monitoring and evaluation of all areas of programme operations
• Provide technical and administrative support to the franchisees to ensure efficient and effective management of its membership
• Coordinate the work of Quality Technical Assurance Officers during monitoring visits and provide technical support to the Marie Stopes Regional Training Centre (RTC)
• Any other responsibility that will be required
Qualification Required & Experience
• BSc Business Administration or equivalent qualification
• MBA or other post graduate qualification in Management Accounting, Finance or Banking is desirable
The person must have:
• Eight (8) years of post qualification experience inclusive of at least Five (5) years’ experience in a senior management position
• Two years management experience in the health sector
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
• Willingness and ability 10 do field work and interact with communities
• Work experience with an International Non-Governmental Organization
• Financially analytical, Planning skills, computer literate, including use of tablets and databases web applications
• Business proposal writing skills and strong commitment to an output and performance-based working style
• Entrepreneurial mind-set and able to work on own initiative and motivate others to achieve results
• Innovative, Initiative, drive, Self-motivator, team player and able to motivate others to achieve results
• Able to work with clinics that are not yet developed but with inclination to help improve
How To Apply For The Job
• These are an local positions. Interested non-Ghanaians must, therefore, have the necessary legal permits required to work in Ghana.
• Please label application and email with the exact job title and location if indicated.
• Interested and qualified applicants should send their applications addressed to:
Director – Human Resource,
Organisation and Admin
Marie Stopes Int Ghana
PUB 267, Accra
Or by email through:
Closing Date: 29 June, 2016
Please take note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.