The University of Health and Allied Sciences, hereby, invites applications from suitably qualified persons for the senior level administrative positions listed below, to take effect from 1st November, 2016.
Job Title: Director of Academic Affairs
Reporting to: Pro-Vice Chancellor and Registrar
The Director of Academic Affairs shall, under the Registrar:
- Support the Pro-Vice Chancellor to provide leadership for all academic and faculty matters including planning, developing, administering, and evaluating the academic programs of the University
- Monitor the work of academic affairs directorate to ensure the academic integrity of procedures and processes
- Work with appropriate committees through the Pro Vice Chancellor to create, deliver, monitor, and assess credit and noncredit programmes and approve examiners
- Administer all operations associated with academic support functions including registration, classroom instructional facilities and operations.
- Coordinating the services and function of student enrolment, assessment and graduation, among others
- Encourage and support activities and innovations to improve teaching and learning at the university.
- Discharge any other duties assigned by the Registrar and Pro-Vice Chancellor
- The candidate shall be of the rank of at least a Deputy Registrar or eligible for appointment as such.
Must have a good first degree as well as an advanced degree in a relevant field of Academic Affairs Management or equivalent professional qualification, with not less than Ten (10) years progressively responsible experience in Academic Affairs.
- considerable strategic, interpersonal and collegial skills that will enable him/her to function within the Higher Education Sector;
- good business sense with a deep understanding and appreciation of the strategic and operational issues;
- high-level analytical skills and demonstrable evidence of competence and leadership. In addition, the applicant must have:
The person appointed Director of academic affairs shall hold office for a period of four years and is eligible for re-appointment.
Method of Application
An applicant is required to submit a complete application pack to the Registrar, University of Health and Allied Sciences, PMB 31, Ho, Ghana (Hard copy); or [email protected] (Soft copy).
The application pack should contain the following:
- Completed application Form (UAB 2): Senior Level Administrative Positions
- An up to date Curriculum Vitae and copies of educational and other professional certificates.
- A statement of up to 3-pages indicating how one intends to use the period in office to address relevant issues that will ensure that the University achieves its vision and mission.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Applications should reach the Registrar not later than the close of day on Monday, 29th August, 2016.