Posted on :
18 Apr, 2014
18 Apr, 2014
Our goal is to raise transformational leaders to influence change on the African Continent. The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program at KNUST provides academically talented yet economically disadvantaged young people in Ghana and Africa with access to quality and relevant university education. It embodies an array of mentoring and cultural transition services to ensure student academic success, community engagement and transition to employmentopportunities which will further social and economic change for Africa.
The Scholarship includes:
• Comprehensive financial support (full tuition, fully paid accomodation, learning materials and uniforms, transportation and stipend
• Regular group meetings with other scholars that focus on personal and professional development opportunities and activities tailored to build relationships and scholar capacity
• Continued academic support through acedemic mentoring, vertual learning, life and career coaching and tutoring
• Opportunities to participate in leadership congresses, community service andmentoring (Go-back Give-Back) and uniquely sourced intership
• An academic environment where faculty and students engage with globals issues
• The prestige of becoming part of the growing family of MasterCard FoundationScholars Alumni
For the 2014 / 2015 Acamedic year, the opportunity is open to:
• All students from the 303 less endowed schools (classified by the Ghana Education Service) who satisfy KNUST’s admission requirements
• However, attention will be given to students outside the less endowed schools with extremely critical needs
• International students from provable economically vulnerable background
• Girls and physically challenged applicants will be given top priority
• A perfernce for science students, however, all subjects are considered
• Only shortlisted applicants will be called for interviews to be held at the KNUST Secretariat of MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program, Office of the Dean of Students, 26th – 30th June, 2014
• Final Selection will be done by an independent panel constituted by the Vice Chancellor of KNUST
• Verification of All examination results and door to door visits of successful, candidates will be conducted
• Award of the Scholarship will be announced two weeks before the start of the Semester
How To Apply
Submit the completed application form THROUGH EMS/ any other courier mail to:-
MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program,
Office of the Dean of Students, KNUST
Private Mail Bag
Closing Date: 30 April, 2014
PLEASE NOTE WELL:
• There are absolutely NO CHARGES/ FEES/ FACILITATION/ AGENTS OR INTERMEDIARIES REQUIRED at any stage of this process
• Inaccurate information or fraudulent misrepresentation on the part of any applicant and any attempt to influence the process will lead to a disqualification and a recommendation for summary dismissal.
• The decisions of the SELECTION COMMITTEE, also constituted by the Vice Chancellor are FINAL.
• Telephone numbers provided by applicants should be ACTIVE at all time to receive critical information.
• For further enquiry and assistance, please CONTACT the Secretariat on 0208-244000 / 0322-062975 Or email us at: [email protected]