Posted on :
17 May, 2017
17 May, 2017
MEDA’s project, Greater Rural Opportunities (GROW), seeks to improve food security for 20,000 families in northern Ghana. GROW helps women increase availability, access, and utilization of a variety of appropriate and nutritious food through strengthening production and market linkages, increasing diversification in production, and creating nutrition awareness.
Job Title: Finance And Administration Officer
The Finance and Administration Officer will be responsible for providing support and assistance to the effective management of Country Office in Tamale and in the Field Office of MEDA in Wa, Upper West for the GAC-funded Greater Rural Opportunities for Women (GROW).
• Support staff in preparation of requests, advance retirements and other logistics and forward to approving authorities.
• Support Admin/HR Manager to prepare procurement documents including purchase requests, purchase orders, and forward to approving authorities.
• Ensure that duplicates of invoices, purchase requests, purchase orders and other relevant documents are kept on the procurement file.
• Support the Admin/HR Manager to keep track of inventory and assets lists.
• Ensure that all assets and inventories bought in Tamale office and transferred to Wa field office are properly documented
• Support Admin/HR Manager to collate assets information as may be required by any form of assignment.
• Support the Logistics Coordinator and the Admin/HR Manager to manage the database of all Technology Fund equipment
• Support the Finance Manager and the Logistics Coordinator keep up to date records of Technology Fund transactions.
• Ensure all expenditure requests vetted from the Finance Office are submitted to CPM for approval.
• Work with the Finance and Procurement team on Technology Fund Coupons and vouchers for approved and send for mandated signatories to sign.
• Support the Procurement Team and Logistics Coordinator for the Technology Fund Coupon verification and equipment redemption.
• Ensure that withholding taxes are deducted before payments are made to suppliers and other contractors.
• Ensure that all financial documents and duplicates relating to the Technology Fund are properly filed. Duplicates of vouchers, coupons, and all supplier related documents are put on records
• Support the Finance Manager and the Logistics Coordinator with data to retrieve all cash due to MEDA (inflows) related to the Technology Fund.
• Carry out any other duties as may be assigned by the Admin Manager, Finance Manager or the direct supervisor for this position.
Qualification Required & Experience
• A minimum of first degree in accounting, finance, commerce or procurement is key
• A minimum of three years working experience in finance and administration or procurement in an NGO is required
• Working knowledge of the internet and modern office software in a similar position is key
• Working experience with teams of diverse nature is an added advantage
• The position will be based in Tamale and will have regular travels to Upper West as needed.
How to Apply
Applicants should apply with their CV and Cover Letter, to [email protected]
Closing Date: 20 May 2017
Qualified Ghana nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.