Meridian Port Services Ltd (MPS) is a joint venture between Ghana Ports & Harbours Authority (GPHA), and Meridian Port Holdings (MPH), a world renowned container terminal operating company, operating the container terminal in Tema. Our Vision is to be the Best in Class container terminal in West Africa.
We are seeking to recruit qualified, competent and interested candidates to fill the above vacancy in the Technical Department of the Company.
Under the general direction of the Rolling Stock Engineer, he/she will be responsible among others for overhauling and general repair work on Diesel Engines, Transmissions and Hydraulic Pumps on Rolling Stock Equipment, Vehicles and other Equipment.
- Researchers, develops and implements Diesel Mechanic refurbishment projects to improve the overall functionality of container handling equipment
- Examines and conducts preventive maintenance to Container Handling Equipment to improve equipment availability and decrease downtime
- Response to, fault finds and repairs breaks down in the shortest possible time in order to minimize delays to operations
- Assesses the extent of damage to equipment in order to inform the Supervisor of Which spares are necessary in order to repair damage in the shortest possible and in accordance with safety standards
- Ensures that all maintenance and repairs are carried out in accordance with the code of practice and safety Acts for safe conditions of staff and operators
Job Location: Jobs are located at the Tema Port
Reward: The reward for each position is very competitive
Required Skills or Experience
- A Proficiency Grade one (1) in Heavy Duty Diesel Machines & in Pumps or its equivalent
- 3 years previous experience in maintenance and repairs of reach stacker’s, empty handlers, RTG’s and other lifting equipment
- Possess drive and able to meet strict deadlines
How To Apply
All qualified and interested applicants may send their applications with CV including names of two (2) professional referees to the address below:
THE HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGER
Private Mail Bag No. 262
Community One Post Office
ONLY SHORT LISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE NOTIFIED
Offer valid till: 18 Jun, 2012