Posted on :
26 Aug, 2016
26 Aug, 2016
METSS is a United States Agency tor International Development (USAID) project created to provide technical support for programme monitoring and evaluation, research, policy analysis and capacity building for its agriculture and energy programmes. The current project is administered through the University of Cape Coast, Kansas State University and the US Department of Agriculture (USAID)
Job Title: Monitoring & Evaluation Team Lead
Provide leadership to a team of M&E Specialists who will respond to the EG Office needs in terms of programme monitoring, reporting and evaluation.
In addition to the leadership responsibilities of the Team Lead Specifically, he/she will perform the following duties;
• Support the Director of Operation’s project accountabilities, strategic priorities, and core enabling activities as it relates to the monitoring and evaluation component of METSS;
• Lead the monitoring and evaluation component of the METSS activities, reporting to the Director of Operations on progress of delivery as the yearly technical and activity work plans, new innovations, and other responsibilities are undertaken;
• Closely monitor and contribute to METSS progress with tracking USAID EG Office Development programme indicators, M&E systems, research and survey work, and ensure data is appropriately used and uploaded to data storage and sharing systems;
• Provide guidance and support to new and/or existing projects, to assist to develop M&E plans that meet USAID M&E standards;
• Provide guidance for the verification of data reported from the field by implementing partners through periodic field visits and the review of reports;
• Take the, lead on scheduling and managing the data quality assessments of implementing partner projects indicators from initiation to conclusion; liaise with implementing partners throughout;
Qualification Required & Experience
• Advanced degree in agricultural economics, energy policy anal~is, monitoring and evaluation, international development, or a relevant field (At a minimum a bachelor’s degree, Master’s preferred).
• At least seven years of relevant work experience in project/programme monitoring responsibilities in Government, multilateral or bilateral development agencies, using computer-based data management tools.
• A minimum of five years’ practical experience in project/programme evaluation and with excellent skills in survey methods.
• A minimum of two years in leadership position.
• Excellent team playing skills and an ability to work independently while being responsive to the team’s needs.
• Excellent communication and report writing skills
• Experience in agribusiness, agricultural financing or related private sector exposure and the energy/power sector is an advantage.
• Excellent leadership skills, team worker and ability to work in a multi-cultural and interdisciplinary environment
• Ability to travel to the field on short notice.
How To Apply For The Job
Interested candidates should apply in writing or via email to:-
[email protected] with (a) cover letter stating how he/she meets the selection criteria; (b) a current Curriculum Vitae attached; and (c) three professional references including email addresses and/or phone number(s).
The subject line in the email should state which position the person is applying for. No phone calls please. Only finalists will be contacted. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Closing Date: 01 September, 2016