Posted on :
28 Apr, 2011
28 Apr, 2011
MICROFINANCE INSTITUTION Western Africa – Accra, Ghana
Banking, Insurance, Financial services
About our client
Our client is a fast-growing microfinance institution based in Accra that provides savings and credit services to small businesses and households.
As Chief Executive Officer of this ambitious Microfinance Institution (MFI), you have the opportunity to contribute to the growth and sustainable development of Ghana’s vibrant micro and small business sector. As such, you will have overall responsibility for the MFI’s performance during a critical period of growth and expansion, and ensure its development into a profitable, well-balanced and diversified organization.
Within the organization, you will play a key role in strategic planning, operational and human resources management, and oversight of internal control. Externally, as the principal spokesperson, you will develop the institution’s corporate image, representing the institution to the relevant regulatory bodies and financial industry leaders and liaising with strategic partners to raise funds and build relationships.
Primary responsibilities will be to:
– Review and update the strategic business plan focusing on sustainability, profitability, productivity of the organization;
– Generate employee commitment and set performance standards
– Set and achieve financial and operational performance targets for all operations in the areas of branch expansion, sustainability, credit management, portfolio quality, human resources, marketing, product development, and branch performance to ensure solid development;
– Ensure preparation of annual budgets and approval by the Board
– Ensure that all development of the institution’s activities comply with all appropriate laws and regulations.
– Oversee and support the development and implementation of effective HR policies and procedures for recruitment, training and talent development;
– Implement high standards of internal control and procedures in order to safeguard the institution’s operations, assets and data;
– Ensure that internal audit procedures are respected,
– Ensure accurate and timely weekly, monthly and quarterly reports to the Board of Directors and stakeholders, as well as all government entities.
Who we are looking for
Our ideal candidate will have preferably earned a Master’s degree in finance or development economics and have a minimum of 10 years experience in the financial services industry. You will be able to demonstrate a successful track record in managing an MFI or retail credit institution, and/or in the provision of advisory services to MFIs. You must have practical knowledge of microfinance products and services, ideally in an emerging market.
An innovative thinker and a natural leader, you have the ability to define and communicate your vision and strategy to staff and shareholders alike. With excellent analytical and interpersonal skills, you can perform under pressure and thrive in challenging environments.
Fluency in English required.
What’s on offer
Attractive base salary + bonus + advantages
Michael Page Contact
Your application will be sent to Tyra Malzy
Reference : QTMA572566