Korle-Bu Teaching Hospital is an agency of the Ministry of Health; it deals in tertiary health care and which also serves as a teaching facility for the College of Health Sciences of the University of Ghana announces the vacancy of the Chief Executive Officer (CHIEF ADMINISTRATOR)
Object of the Position
To provide overall leadership, coordination, direction and supervision of the operations of the Hospital.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide strategic leadership and direction for day-to-day management and administration of the Hospital
- Ensure effective collaboration and coordination of all Departments and Units within the Hospital, the College of Health Sciences and other Health Training Institutions on the Korle Bu Campus
- Formulate and implement internal policies and progammes of the Hospital
- Ensure effective financial management and preparation and submission of relevant reports to the Board
Perform any other duty that may be assigned by the Board and the Ministry from time to time.
Required Skills or Experience
Qualification and Experience
- A minimum of a good Masters Degree from a recognized university in social or Health Sciences with not less than twelve (12) years post qualification relevant work experience, three (3) years of which must be in a Senior Management position preferably within the Health Sector
Skills and Abilities
- Administrative and supervisory skills
- Computer literacy
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- High proactive attitude and a good team player
- Good analytical skills
- Very conversant with the Ghana Health Services and Teaching Hospitals Act (Act 525), Financial Administration Act, Public Procurement Act and Internal Audit Agency Act.
How To Apply
Applications should be forwarded not later than 22ND July, 2013 together with supporting documents, a statement of applicants vision for the Hospital, C.V, office and residential telephone numbers, names and addresses of three (3) referees, to: