Posted on :
17 May, 2016
17 May, 2016
The Ministry of Local Government and Rural Development exists to promote the establishment and development of a vibrant and well resourced decentralized system of local government for the people of Ghana to ensure good governance and balanced rural based development.
This will be done by:
Formulating, implementing, monitoring, evaluating and co-ordinating reform policies and programmes to democratize governance and decentralize the machinery of government.
Reforming and energizing local governments to serve effectively as institutions for mobilizing and harnessing local resources for local national administration and development.
Facilitating the development of all human settlements through community and popular participation.
Facilitating the promotion of a clean and healthy environment.
Facilitating horticultural development.
Improving the demographic database for development planning and management.
Promoting orderly human settlement development.
The Ministry believes in efficiency, effectiveness and transparency.
Company: Ministry of Local Government And Rural Development
Category: NGO / International Agencies
Job status: Full-Time
Experience: 5 years
Job expires: 31 May-2016
1) Provides technical support and assistance in the development, management and facilitation of the implementation of the Child and Family Welfare National Policy’s communication strategy, plan of action and activities for strategic communication and promotion for social and behavioural change in support of programme delivery of child protection.
1) In collaboration with secretariat senior management and donor organisations, the programme officer provides technical assistance in and contributes to the development,
• management and facilitation of the implementation of the Child Protection Social Drive’s communication policy,
• strategy and plans of action aiming at general public and service providers through: behaviour development change at individual/household levels;
• social mobilization of civil society organisations;
• increased community participation in development programmes for positive social change;
• network building; and
• partnerships management.
Detailed duties and responsibilities are;
• Support the development or the Secretariat programming including servicing and contracts
• Contract management and reporting with institutional and private funders as well as network members Secure project funding from institutional and private funders including identify and track emerging opportunities, contribute to design and development of project proposals, draft technical and financial proposals to secure funding and manage associate consultant contributions to proposal development
• Manage and coordinate meetings and reporting requirements
• Support the process to identify, build and manage public and private partnerships including establish end maintain relationships with key contacts in strategic partner organizations
• Represent the Social Drive Secretariat in relevant workshops, seiners and policy events
• Support information and communication needs
• Provide technical assistance to the Social Drive Secretariat by strengthening system coordination, through field assessments and different sources of information
• Monitoring the flow of supply and non-supply assistance to partners, including drafts supply and financial documentation, collecting and recording information on supply/non-supply inventory distribution and utilisation
• Investigating queries regarding authorisation, delivery or payments and follows up with finance, administrative, supply and programme staff on processing of payments, advances to government and liquidation of accounts.
• Ensuring activities are in accordance with plans of action.
• Communicate and coordinate with local counterparts and partner organizations on projects details.
• Recommends courses of action to the supervisor
Remuneration: Based on experience
Qualification Required & Experience
• University degree in the social behavioral sciences (Sociology. Anthropology, Psychology) or related field
• Five years or practical professional work experience in social development, preferably in the areas of participatory communication, communication planning, social mobilization, behavior change and community empowerment;
• At least two years’ experience of working at community level
• At least two years’ experience in administration and programmed management
• Multitasking and experience to work under pressure
• Problem-solving and results-oriented attitude
• Technical knowledge of social norms theory, behavioral and social change techniques
• Ability to manage information objectively, accurately end confidentially
• Teamwork and respect for diversity
• Responsive and client-oriented
• High degree of autonomy, personal initiative and ability to take ownership
• Willingness to accept wide responsibilities and ability to work independently under established procedures in a politically sensitive environment
• Proven interpersonal skills, good spoken and written communication skills, including ability to prepare clear and concise reports
• Computer knowledge, skills and practical experience including internet navigation, network, telecommunications and various office application
How To Apply For The Job
Applicants should submit a motivation letter, Curriculum vitae and three references to:
Director, Department of Community Development
P.O Box M266
Email: [email protected]
Closing Date: 31 May, 2016