An enumerator is responsible for managing and collecting the biometrics and pictures of all households’ members and filling of PMT Questionnaire with the Computer Assisted Personal Interviewing (CAPI) method. He/She will interview household representatives and work closely with their colleagues in the Mobile Registration Centre. He/She will report to the MRC Supervisor.
Proposed candidates will speak the local dialect of the District or area of data collection such as Dagaare, Sissale, Wale. He/She must be able to translate English to the local dialect proficiently
- Enumerators are the main team members acting as the last mile agent and responsible for actual registration or enumeration of targeted households. Specific duties include;
- Sensitizes households on registration requirements at each community
- Undertakes data collection with household heads or representative and fill out the PMT questionnaire using the BIO-PMT tablets
- Captures finger prints of all household member 18 years and above
- Provide daily progress updates to supervisors
- Submit daily activity log reports to central servers
- Transmit complete data to server
- Start up and shut down the BIO-PMT tablet
- Check and monitor the correct operation of the BIO-PMT tablet
- Cleaning and maintaining of the BIO-PMT tablet in good working condition
- Operation pf any back up plan provided in the case of non-availability of part of the solution
- Discuss in detail the observations and follow the suggestions by the MRC Supervisor, in order to ensure quality of the biometrics, photos and PMT collected
Location: The work advertised will take place in the following districts: Nandom, Daffiama-Bussie-Issa, Lawra, Sissala West, Sissala East, Jirapa, Nadowli-Kaleo, Wa East, Wa Municipal, Wa West, and Lambussie-Karni.
The required languages are: Dagaare, Sissale, Wale, Brifor.
Required Skills or Experience
- A post-Secondary Certificate. A higher educational qualification could be an advantage.
- Experience in conducting field interviews preferably in rural communities
- Experience in utilizing technology tools
- Familiarity with the use of an Android tablet
- Ability to work independently as well as an effective team player
- Willing to travel and work in remote communities in Northern Ghana for a period of 3-4 months
- Ability to speak any of the Northern languages specified above.
- Excellent knowledge of the geographical locations of communities in a chosen district
How to Apply
For those applying through the internet, please state your name, language, place of residence and preferred district in the subject line of your email. CVs should be sent [email protected] PLEASE NOTE:
- DO NOT APPLY FOR ANY OF THE POSITIONS IF YOU HAVE ENGAGEMENTS WITH ANY OTHER ORGANISATION.
- FIELD STAFF ARE EXPECTED TO WORK MONDAY TO SATURDAY, AND 8 HOURS PER DAY.