MTN is a household name throughout much of Africa with a presence in 21 countries in African and the Middle East. It is rare today to go to an African capital and not see the presence of MTN from the cities to the most rural areas. This is evidence of a company that has truly brought a great service to millions of Africa’s entrepreneurs and citizens.
Equipped with a proven record of technological innovation and a corporate culture that thrives on understanding telecommunications in emerging markets, MTN continues to consolidate is leadership position in the country. For MTN, innovation means understanding the needs of our customers and finding solutions that best meet their needs. MTN is therefore poised to provide great customer experiences and to further enrich its service offerings to its millions of subscribers by providing a better network with even better technology, an obligation to changing our customers’ lives, and a commitment to giving back to the communities we operate in. MTN recognises the rapid increase in its subscriber base as a result of its superior value proposition and is clearly the network of choice for the overwhelming majority of new subscribers. With this, MTN looks forward to the future with great hope and wish to reaffirm its commitment to the provision of World Class Telecommunications services to the good people of Ghana.
To accomplish the unit’s objectives by implementing assigned projects, meeting deadlines and providing an O&M process for all Convergent Nodes
- Responsible for the following Convergent Systems:
- SDP, Minsat, VS, AIR, ECE, DTE, Virtual Number, Billing System, IVRand VMS.
- Manages Convergent System Expansion and upgrades
- Responsible for the change management configuration of the unit
- Assists and leads projects related to the Convergent Systems, ensuring that they are delivered on time and within the budget allocated.
- Ensures Information and access security on the convergent systems according to the internal IT policies.
- Motivates, coaches and leads teams to ensure that individuals possess the skills and capability required to deliver team objectives
- Ensures proper monitoring of Convergent Services and highlight potential fraud issues.
- Configures, implements and maintains all systems related to Convergent network.
- Ensures compliance in theunit with policies and functional procedures are documented appropriately.
- Ensure Periodic Health checks are done on the different servers/services.
- Assists in preparing the current and future plans of expansion and growth
- Develops and provides appropriate training for the section for competency development and knowledge transfer
- Compiles and reviews reports related to the Convergent Section.
- Ensure proper handling of Convergent and Charging, Billing complaints and timely resolution within the set targets.
Education & Experience
- Degree in Computer Science or Engineering with 6 years relevant work experience in Telecom.
- Over two (2) years experience in a managerial role should have been in a
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- Excellent knowledge in Intelligence Network, Billing network elements and processes.
- Sound knowledge of GSM and Telecom Elements.
- Strong Planning and project management skills
- Knowledge in Server administration (Solaris / Windows)
- Access Control Systems & Methodology
- Application Development Security
- Application Architecture and System Integration.
Click here to view Jobs and Apply Online