MTN is a household name throughout much of Africa with a presence in 21 countries in African and the Middle East. It is rare today to go to an African capital and not see the presence of MTN from the cities to the most rural areas. This is evidence of a company that has truly brought a great service to millions of Africa’s entrepreneurs and citizens.
Equipped with a proven record of technological innovation and a corporate culture that thrives on understanding telecommunications in emerging markets, MTN continues to consolidate is leadership position in the country. For MTN, innovation means understanding the needs of our customers and finding solutions that best meet their needs. MTN is therefore poised to provide great customer experiences and to further enrich its service offerings to its millions of subscribers by providing a better network with even better technology, an obligation to changing our customers’ lives, and a commitment to giving back to the communities we operate in. MTN recognises the rapid increase in its subscriber base as a result of its superior value proposition and is clearly the network of choice for the overwhelming majority of new subscribers. With this, MTN looks forward to the future with great hope and wish to reaffirm its commitment to the provision of World Class Telecommunications services to the good people of Ghana.
MTN is the market leader in the increasingly competitive mobile telecommunications industry in Ghana. It offers subscribers a wide range of exciting options under Pay Monthly and Pay As You Go Services.
After one year of rebranding Mobile Telecommunications Network (MTN) in country, the organization is focused on consolidating its position as the leader in the market and to fulfill its commitment of bringing world class telecommunication services to the country. In this regard, MTN has invested substantially in a Network Expansion Initiatives meant to enhance speech quality, improve coverage intensity and to extend coverage to new areas.
MTN has integrated mobile telecommunication services into the development of a brand that has become a lifestyle. This fact is clearly demonstrated by its active involvement in various marketing initiatives that are close to the hearts of subscribers. MTN has responded to these needs by introducing a number of exciting products and services including the GPRS roaming, WECA tariffs, Blackberry phones and services and the recent MTN Zone which gives fantastic discounts to our pre paid subscribers.
MTN acknowledges its responsibility towards its stakeholders to sustain long term mutual value. In this regard, MTN Ghana has established relationships with governments and community groups to enable us work together to achieve profitability. We are also extremely proud of the fact that MTN Ghana has launched a foundation (MTN Ghana Foundation) which is driving its Corporate Social Responsibility Programs.
Position: GM INFRASTRUCTURE OPERATIONS
- To manage and maintain overall responsibility of the IT Infrastructure Operations, Systems/ Support/Services and Facilities; maintain/direct the strategic roadmap of the IT Infrastructure and aligning IT Operations with Business Processes to ensure optimum returns on IT Investments.
- To build and position the MTN IT Infrastructure Operations, to ensure alignment across all functions of the organization and with all MTN OpCo’s and to integrate the Infrastructure Architecture to support dynamic & innovative IT Services to business and Unique/Distinguishing products and services for the subscriber market base.
- Assist in the coordination and preparation of the Divisional Business Plan, by preparing the departmental budget and business plans by identifying CAPEX/OPEX requirements, operational and personnel requirements to achieve strategic objectives.
- Execution Management and planning of programs, projects and tasks assigned to the Infrastructure Operations Department.
- Verify, Approve and implement the systems and general control procedures and security policies of the Infrastructure Operations Department.
- Authoritative responsibility for IT Procurement and IT CAPEX Management.
- Oversee various SLAs and Support Contracts with IT hardware and software vendors, executing vendor management and business process outsourcing initiatives, while maintaining high levels of supplier performance.
- Identify any internal and external risks, challenges and legislative requirements which could have an impact on business and suggest specific tasks/functions/actions in order to eliminate or minimise any risk of non-compliance.
- Steer the Strategic Goals and Objectives for the IT Infrastructure Operations, and set plans, goals and projects for the Infrastructure Operations Department and coordinate activities between various Business units to successfully achieve the set goals.
- Identify, approve and coordinate training and development needs for IT Infrastructure Operations Department.
- Invest time/efforts/resources into Industry Research, Innovative technologies, process optimization and ensure general quality control.
- Ensure overall compliance and adherence of appropriate security controls, protection and availability of MTN Ghana – IT – Infrastructure, Operations, Platforms and Services.
- Ensure maximum alignment of IT Operations, Management, Planning and Service Delivery with the Core Business and its processes, to ensure optimum return on IT Investments.
- Ensure IT Division KPIs, including Financial, Customer, Internal Process, People, Process and Value KPIs are met,
- Envision, Plan, Design and Implement Business aligned, User friendly, Efficient, Productive and Secure IT Infrastructure Vision.
- Ensure Performance Monitoring and Exercise Good Governance principles while taking highly motivated, action oriented, and confident judgements in the best interest of the operation.
- Ensure active and reliably tested IT Disaster Recovery & Business continuity plans.
- Lead the IT Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Plans.
- Steer, Manage and Maintain the IT Data Centre Facilities at the Primary and Disaster Recovery Sites with Overall and Prime responsibility of the Data Centre Infrastructure.
- Supervise Management of third parties and vendors for provision of hosting and managed services and support contract negotiations.
- Develop, Implement and Ensure Compliance/Maintenance of Business Continuity Processes, Disaster recovery Plans, Systems Management Processes, Capacity Management Processes, Availability Management Processes, Performance Management Processes, within Infrastructure Operations.
- Develop strategies to ensure technical direction of Infrastructure Operations to gain and support competitive advantage for MTN through the various infrastructure Components.
- Monitor and adopt best practices and new technologies, ensure alignment with Information Systems and Infrastructure Operations Strategy
- Achieve service excellence and continuous availability and stability of the environment.
- Improve quality of service, manage and reduce risks and ensuring change management and control.
- Develop IT Infrastructure Operations to achieve business requirements and organizational objectives.
- May perform additional duties depending on changes in the nature of the job assigned by CIO.
- Provide the necessary General Managerial leadership(ability to communicate vision and direction, emotionally intelligence, respect, engage & develop others and live the MTN Values) to team through the needed people interventions
- Degree preferably in Computer Science or Engineering, with certifications in OS/DB/Networking and related systems.
- Advanced Microsoft and Cisco Certifications.
- Knowledge and Expertise in the areas of ITIL, Project Management (PMP or PRINCE2), etc.
- Knowledge in Financial Management and Infrastructure Architecture areas.
- Microsoft/Cisco/Oracle Certification early in career is an added advantage
Relevant experience required for this position:
- 12Years experience in IT.
- 7 Years experience in Telecoms & Carrier Grade IT Infrastructure of which 3 years is in a managerial role.
- 3 Years experience in General Management.
- 3 Years experience in Large Data Centre / Systems Operations Centre.
- International Experience is an added advantage
How to Apply:
Do you have what it takes to be part of this winning story Along with specific skills for each job, the following are standard essential requirements for most of our vacancies:
» Good level of computer literacy
» Good written and oral communication skills
» Team-working skills
If you are interested in any of the following vacancies please ensure that you meet the set criteria before sending an application letter and CV to mailto:[email protected]