Posted on :
3 Jan, 2017
3 Jan, 2017
The National Association of Local Authorities of Ghana (NALAG) requires the services of an astute, experienced. innovative and outspoken person to fill the position of General Secretary (Chief Executive Officer) of the Association.
Job Title: General Secretary
Duties and Responsibilities:
The duties and responsibility will include the following
• Be the head of the National Secretariat and ensure the implementation of its programmes and activities under the guidance of the President of the Association.
• Be responsible for the management and day-to-day administration of the Association.
• Implement the resolutions and decisions of the National Delegates Conference (the highest decision-making body) and the National executive Council (the policy-formulating body).
• Develop and strengthen linkages and strategic alliance with key partners.
• Coordinate the effective management and efficient use of the resources of the Association.
• Ensure proper financial management of the Association.
• Any other duties assigned to him by the National Executive Council.
Conditions and Terms of Service: The salary is negotiable and other fringe benefits attached.
Qualification Required & Experience
• At least a first degree
• A post-graduate degree or diploma in Public Administration Management Social Science will be an advantage
• Minimum of five years Post qualification experience in a managerial position
• Must demonstrate ability to apply conceptual and human relations skills
• Must have the ability to administer control and direct the secretariat with confidence and prudence
• Be conversant and have experience In decentralisation and local government issues in Ghana
• Must have excellent communication skills
• Must have experience with donor agencies and NGOs
• Must be computer literate with proficiency in use of Internet
How To Apply For The Job
Qualified candidates should send:
• Typewritten application, a CV and contact phone numbers.
• His/her vision and strategies (in 200-250 words) to move NALAG forward to:
NALAG, P.O. Box 1953
Tel.: 0302-544374 or 0302-544349
Email: [email protected]
Closing Date: 29 December, 2016