Posted on :
5 Aug, 2014
5 Aug, 2014
The country’s Teacher Training colleges have been upgraded to tertiary status and designated “Colleges of Education”. As a tertiary institutions, the aims refer to Research, Teaching and Extension.
Applications are invited for appointment as Principal of:
• Wiawso College of Education, Sefwi -Wiawso,W/R
• Agogo Presbyterian Women’s College of Education, Agogo, A/R
• Gbewaa College of Education, Pusiga -Bawku, UE/R
• Akatsi College of Education, Akatsi, V/R
• St. Francis College of Education, Hohoe, V/R
• Ada College of Education, Ada-Foah, GA/R
• Tamale College of Education, Tamale N/R
The College Principal is the chief academic, administrative and disciplinary officer and in that capacity shall, subject to the general direction of Council of the College, or policies that the Council may give:
• Ensure the implementation of the decision of Council;
• Exercise general authority over staff of the College;
Be responsible for:
• admission of students.
• discipline and supervision of staff and students.
• preparation of the annual estimates of income and expenditure for consideration by Council, d. providing Council with returns, reports and other relevant information as required.
Qualification Required & Experience
The candidate must have:
• A relevant master’s degree with education component. Researched-based master’s degree with education component is an added advantage.
• Rank NOT below Senior Lecturer / Deputy Director (GES)
• Relevant post qualification senior management experiences of at least five (5) years.
• Proven leadership skills and be a team player.
• Ability to provide confidence and inspire staff.
• Must not be more than 55 years at the time of application.
Extensive Knowledge and experience at the tertiary education level will be an added advantage.
Location: Nationwide Recruitment
• Curriculum Vitae;
• Names and addresses of three referees;
• A two page vision statement of the College; and
• Appraisal by District Director or Head of Institution (for GES staff)
should reach the following address:
THE EXECUTIVE SECRETARY
NATIONAL COUNCIL FOR TERTIARY EDUCATION
P. O. BOX MB 28
Closing Date: 22 August, 2014