Posted on :
22 Jun, 2016
22 Jun, 2016
The National Health Insurance Authority (NHIA) was established under the National Health Insurance Act 2003, Act 650, as a body corporate, with perpetual succession, an Official Seal, that may sue and be sued in its own name. As a body corporate, the Authority in the performance of its functions may acquire and hold movable and immovable property and may enter into a contract or any other transaction.
A new law, Act 852 has replaced ACT 650 in october 2012 to consolidate the NHIS, remove administrative bottlenecks,introduce transparency, reduce opportunities for corruption and gaming of the system, and make for more effective governance of the schemes
The National Health Insurance Authority (NHIA) invites applications from suitably qualified applicants to fill the following vacant position:
Job Title: IT Security Analyst
• To improve compliance to IT security standards by supporting the drive towards certification of our IT operations with the International Standards Organization (ISO) as well as conduct information security reviews to ensure compliance with IT policies/Framework and regulatory requirements e.g.. Data Production Act.
• Analyze network traffic patterns, system logs, and audit files for compliance with security policies on all systems.
• Enforce security policies pertaining to the use of the health system computing and telecommunications network.
• Ensure conformance to enterprise security framework for people, process, and technology.
• Document and distribute security incident response and escalation procedures to ensure timely and effective handling of all situations.
• Establish all security measures in support of disaster recovery efforts
• Participate in reviews to be conducted by external agencies in the conduct of internal investigations pertaining to, but not limited to, patient and employee privacy and safety.
• Maintain intrusion detection/prevention system.
• Perform vulnerability testing and analysis on all network assets and applications/projects.
• Analyze Change control request to ensure that security flaws are not introduced
• Perform routine network, server, data base, and end-user security audits
• Participate in IT security awareness programmes
• Assist in the development and implementation of IT security & control architecture.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Degree in computer science or related discipline with a minimum of 2 years relevant experience.
• A relevant Post-graduate qualification, CISSP, CISM, and CISA would be an advantage.
• Must have an ICT project management experience.
• Adhere to and exhibits core skills
• Well rounded understanding of technology, operations and key business processes.
• Team player
• Strong influencing and negotiation skills
• Capable of managing a challenging and diverse workload
• Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
• Re-engineering/process improvement experience
Strong skills and experience in the following;
• Security policies, procedures and leading practices
• Risk management
• Project management skills
• Change management skills; change agent
• Strong problem solving and analytical capabilities
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
How To Apply For The Job
All qualified and interested persons should email their CV’s and application letters through the email address:
Closing Date: 30 June, 2016
Only shortlisted applicants would be contacted.