Posted on :
8 Jun, 2016
8 Jun, 2016
The Ndoum School of Business and Technology,NSB&T, as part of the Ndoum University system, having been granted Authorization by the National Accreditation Board and aspiring to be affiliated to the University of Cape Coast is seeking individuals with the requisite qualification, experience and drive to be part of the team to deliver quality and relevant education that hinges on innovation, leadership,practical training, skills development and principles of long life learning.
Job Title: Lecturer
Reports to: Head Of The Faculty
• The job holder is to carry out research, teaching, 47 supervise student and project works, and also offer academic counseling to students.
• Teach at undergraduate level in areas allocated by the Head of Department and reviewed from time to time.
• Carry out research and produce publications or other research outputs, in line with personal objectives agreed in the Staff appraisal process.
• Obtain research funding support.
• Engage with the broader scholarly and professional communities.
• Contribute to the development, planning and implementation of a high quality curriculum.
• Assist in the development of learning materials, preparing schemes of work and maintaining records to monitor student progress, achievement and attendance.
• Participate in departmental and faculty seminars aimed at sharing research outcomes and building interdisciplinary collaboration within and outside the department.
• Participate in the development, administration and marking of exams and other assessments.
• Provide pastoral care and support to students.
• Participate in the administration of the department’s programmes of study and other activities as requested.
• Contribute to departmental, faculty, or working groups or committees as requested.
• Maintain own continuing professional development.
The above duties and responsibilities are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive. Management reserves the right to assign and change responsibilities to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.
Working Conditions: No special working condition required.
Qualification Required & Experience
• A Master of Philosophy, MPhil or ResearchMaster’s, M.Sc. degree in the faculty’s area of study is recommended
• A Doctor of Philosophy, Ph.D. shall be an advantage.
• Preferred 5 years of direct experience in a higher education institution
• Proven record of successful supervisory experience in a people-oriented environment
• Must be a member of a professional academic body
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to balance institutional policies with the Individual needs of students
• Strong analytical, written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills, including tact and diplomacy.
• A positive attitude and ability to plan and adapt to change
• Abil1ty to collaborate effectively with departments and cross-functional teams
• Strong, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
• Commitment to academic research
• Commitment to high quality teaching and fostering a positive learning environment for students
• Commitment to continuous professional development
• Commitment to public communication
• Ability to work harmoniously with colleagues and students of all cultures and backgrounds
How To Apply For The Job
All interested applicants should send their application letters and CVs to:-
[email protected] or call
Closing Date: 10 June, 2016