Posted on :
5 Aug, 2016
5 Aug, 2016
ACDI/VOCA is an economic development organization that fosters broad-based economic growth, raises living standards, and creates vibrant communities. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA has worked in 146 countries since 1963. Its practice areas are catalyzing investment, climate smart agriculture, empowerment & resilience, institutional strengthening, and market systems.
We are currently seeking a Communications Specialist to be based in the Kumasi Office. The successful candidate will be responsible for the following:
Job Title: Communications Specialist
• Managing and developing appropriate positioning, messaging and dissemination strategies for the project.
• Ensuring compliance with branding and marketing requirements for events, internal and external communications and learning materials
• Facilitating information sharing and access within the project and within country
• Supporting the management and development of knowledge and information management systems
• Building communication strategies into various project components, capturing and relaying relevant information to stakeholders
• Developing promotional materials, communication and learning deliverables and related activities
• Supporting technical staff in the collection and writing of success stories, lessons learned, case studies and other learning communications
• Supporting and/or leading project sponsored events
• Preparing and coordinating annual performance reports for the donor organisation
Qualification Required & Experience
• A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Development Communication, Public Relations or any related field
• Minimum of 4 years of experience in progressively more responsible roles, developing strategic communication strategies and working with domestic and international media. Photography, graphic or web design experience preferred.
• Strong written and oral communication skills, including demonstrated ability to write required documents in clear, concise, well-organised manner
• Proven ability to manage publications from conceptualization to completion
• Knowledge of international development theory, practices, and issues. Advanced knowledge of communications and media for international development programs
• Ability to work independently with minimum supervision to complete projects and meet deadlines
• Advanced computer skills in a Windows based environment including Word, Publisher, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel.
How to Apply For the Job
To be considered for this recruitment, please submit a resume/CV to:
Closing Date: 08 August, 2016