Posted on :
15 Aug, 2016
15 Aug, 2016
AMS offers contract surface mining and exploration drilling services to the mining industry throughout West Africa in Ghana, Mali, Burkina Faso and Cote D’Ivoire through African Mining Services, and in East Africa in Tanzania and Zambia through Ausdrill International. AMS has provided mining services since 1996 and Ausdrill the parent company has established operations in Africa since 1991.
Job Title: Operations Manager (ASMG0855)
AMS are currently seeking a qualified candidate interested in undertaking a role with our company as the Ghana Operations Manager.
• This role requires a Bachelors and/or Master’s Degree in Mining Engineering (or allied) with experience in a senior management role.
• This position will require a Minerals Commission Certificate of Mining Manager (MM) or above, although a Superintendent’s Certificate may be accepted within the potential of acquiring the MM Certification in the near future.
The position will require knowledge or experience of the following
• Contract Mining practices including some experience with estimating and plant and equipment capacities
• An ability to ensure high safety and environmental standards are applied
• HR – Union, collective agreement and Ghana Labour Law, personnel development
• Appreciation of industry standard maintenance procedures and activities
• Contract management
• Drive for value change and continued improvement and development within the organisation
• Intermediate / advanced user on main computer software packages
• Good analytical skills and ability to look at challenges within alternative approaches / methods
The position will be based in Tarkwa although the potential exists for movement within Ghana.
If you have the required qualifications and experience in this role and wish to express your interest, please respond with your curriculum vitae, copy of your qualifications, current contact details and a 1 page essay setting out.
• The reasons why you think you are the right candidate
• Specific examples of the requirements above
• Any details not listed in this advert that you may think are relevant to the application
The one page essay will be used as part of the initial assessment phase. Please only apply if you meet the criteria and note that only short listed applicants will be contacted.
How To Apply For The Job
Respond with your application and current curriculum vitae indicating the job title and reference code as the subject to:
Or mail to:
The Human Resources Manager
African Mining Services Ghana (AMSG)
Closing Date: 09 September, 2016