Posted on :
28 Sep, 2016
28 Sep, 2016
Graphic Communications Group Ltd (GCGL) was established in 1950 in the then Gold Coast by the Daily Mirror Group in the United Kingdom, with Cecil King Jnr as the first head of the company. Its original name was West African Graphic Company Limited. The company published its first newspaper, the Daily Graphic, On October 2, 1950, and followed it up in 1953 with the weekly Sunday Mirror, now called The Mirror.
The company later changed its name from West African Graphic Company Ltd to Ghana Graphic Company Ltd after the Gold Coast gained independence from Britain 1957 and changed its name to Ghana.
By an Act of Parliament the Government of Ghana acquired the company from its private owners in 1962. In 1971, the company became a statutory corporation through a legislative instrument – the Graphic Corporation Instrument, 1971, LI 709. This was in compliance with the Statutory Corporations Act, 1964 (Act 232). The company, therefore, became known as Graphic Corporation.
Job Title: Marketing & Credit Control Officer
• Collect and analyse data to ensure that correct payments are made in a timely and efficient manner
• Verify application forms of prospective clients on credit basis
• Follow up on debtors and collect monies owed to the company
• Prepare and present monthly debts collected and accrued
• Reconcile disputed debtors balances
• Prepare, print and distribute timely monthly statements to debtors
• Ensure prompt payments by debtors to reduce outstanding debtor’s balances within the approved credit limits set by the company.
Qualification Required & Experience
• A Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or Accounting or Level II of any of the Accounting Professional Certificates or their equivalent with at least 2 years post qualification relevant working experience in Marketing or Finance/Accounts Department
• Must possess a minimum of HND in Marketing or Accounting or Level 11 of any of the Marketing or Accounting Professional certificates or their equivalent with at least 3 years post qualification relevant working experience in Marketing or Finance/Accounts Department
• Working knowledge of the printing and packaging industry would be a distinct advantage
• Ability to collect monies from debtors
• Maintaining good client relationship while ensuring that debtors are reduced to agreed levels
• Ability to prepare reports
• Must be a team player with a high sense of commitment and honesty
• Must possess good communication skills
• Must be computer literate
How to Apply for The Job
If you wish to apply, please send a detailed CV together with a covering letter and contact telephone number to:
Ag. Director, HR & Administration,
Graphic Communications Group Ltd,
P.O.Box GP 742,
Alternatively, you may email your application to the HR Operations Manager at:
Closing Date: 29 September, 2016