Posted on :
9 Aug, 2016
9 Aug, 2016
Graphic Communications Group Ltd (GCGL) was established in 1950 in the then Gold Coast by the Daily Mirror Group in the United Kingdom, with Cecil King Jnr as the first head of the company. Its original name was West African Graphic Company Limited. The company published its first newspaper, the Daily Graphic, On October 2, 1950, and followed it up in 1953 with the weekly Sunday Mirror, now called The Mirror.
The company later changed its name from West African Graphic Company Ltd to Ghana Graphic Company Ltd after the Gold Coast gained independence from Britain 1957 and changed its name to Ghana.
We are looking for a results – oriented individual who will develop and implement brand and corporate marketing plans and strategies to achieve corporate objectives of GCGL in terms of growing its corporate image within the framework of the overall strategy and agreed budget.
Job Title: Corporate Communications Manager
• Coordinate essential communications to ensure information is communicated in a timely manner to all stakeholders.
• Develop innovative, strategic and creative solutions to communication challenges to ensure key messages are effectively shared internally.
• Support the development and implementation of the corporate strategic communications plan to position the company as a leader in the local media industry and to achieve its strategic business priorities
• Play a key communications role in business growth efforts and change and issues management
• Periodically measure the value of communication delivery methods to ensure that the processes are effective and cost-efficient in achieving the desired results
• Drive the continued development of the company’s monthly newsletter and quaterly bulletin as the primary source of employee news and information
• Manage media relations, maximise media opportunities and develop strong relationships with media opportunities and develop strong relationships with media representatives.
• Responsible for internal and external advocacy, corporate marketing and corporate social responsibility programmes
• Develop a corporate social responsibility programme to project GCGL as a responsible corporate citizen.
• Liaise with Human Resource to develop and implement an internal communication process to engender a two-way communication between management and employees
• Responsible for the company’s relations with the media and speak for GCCGL
Qualification Required & Experience
• A good first degree in Communication studies or social science from a reputable tertiary institution
• 6 years post qualification relevant experience gained from working in a dynamic business environment.
• Working knowledge of the print media industry would be a disinct advantage
How To Apply For The Job
If you wish to apply, please send a detailed CV together with a covering letter and contact telephone number to:
HR & Administration
Graphic Communications Group Ltd.
P.O.Box GP 742
Alternatively, you may email your application to the Human Resource Operations Manager at:-
Closing Date: 12 August, 2016