World Vision International is a Christian Relief, Development and Advocacy organization dedicated to working with children, families and their communities worldwide to reach their full potential by tackling the causes of poverty and injustice.
Job Title: Research & Information Management Officer
Provide Research Assistance and Support, as well as Efficient and Effective Coordination of Information to the Programme Effectiveness Department.
- The position is based in Accra with some level of domestic/international travel.
- S/He reports to the Programme Effectiveness Manager.
- Assist in the development of research proposal.
- Monitor research plans & implementation.
- Support feasibility studies and assessments.
- Document findings of research at conferences or in published articles.
- Develop and maintain research databases and Assist in conducting Knowledge and information audits
- Support in documenting lessons learnt and best practices.
- Assist in implementing Key Knowledge management initiatives
- Support the design and layout of key knowledge assets.
- Assist in the development of department plans and budgets.
- Report and analyze information on the progress of the department plans
- Plan and manage the documentation process of key Programme Effectiveness events and information/ report dissemination.
- Support the Programme Effectiveness Director in building presentations for meetings, workshops & conferences.
- Assist in collating and analyzing field monitoring report and submit report to Planning Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist.
Education / Work Experience /Critical Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences and/or Humanities.
- A qualification in Data Analysis and Management may be an added advantage
- Working knowledge of the research principles, technical methods and processes used to conduct a systematic and objective inquiry.
- Possesses a satisfactory level of technical skill or knowledge in social development area and keeps up with current developments and trends in area(s) of research
- Experience in Data base management
- High-level conceptual and analytical skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Very strong relational and communication skills.
- Commitment to World Vision mission and partnership values and sensitivity to its various expressions across cultures and denominations.
- Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities.
- Must have knowledge in computer applications like MS Office and data base management
- Knowledge in logistical operations