Posted on :
24 Nov, 2016
24 Nov, 2016
Socfin SA is a Belgian concern having its origins from the Belgian Congo back in the 1890s, and acquiring its first Malaysian plantation in 1905. Adrian Hallet, a founder of Socfin, planted the first commercial oil palm plantation in Indonesia in 1911. The parent holding company of the Socfin group is Socfinal based in Luxembourg. The group presently has interests in plantation companies throughout Ivory Coast, Liberia, Nigeria, Cameroon, Guinea, Kenya and Indonesia. These interests usually involve a majority shareholding and are always managed by the group through Socfinco SA based in Brussels.Although Palm Oil and Rubber are its core products the group also produces Coffee and Roses. All produce if not sold locally are exported through Sogescol SA, also based in Brussels. Socfin has always adhered to sound long term sustainable decision making which is probably why it has survived for so long. This cautious approach respects the environment and the culture of the country in which it is operating. As such International Development Banks like DEG often participate in the groups’ investments.
Job Title: Admin & HR Superintendent
• To support the effective and efficient running of the Administration and Human Resource Department as well as supporting the planning and development of Policies, Systems and Procedures to improve the quality and efficient management of both human and materials resources of the Company to leverage for productivity and growth of the entire organization.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist in the developing and improving of policies and procedures in the areas of: recruitment, performance monitoring, measurement and management, discipline administration and enforcement,termination and administration.
• The role supports the formalization of salaries and wages Structures for the company.
• Assist the responsibility of liaising with Central Working Government, Statutory Institutions and Trade Unions to ensure that the operations of the company comply with all operative laws and regulations applicable to the business of the company.
• Ensuring conducive working relationships with Local Government, Traditional Authorities and the Communities whose interactions are relevant to the successful conduct of the company’s business.
• The role supports the administration of policies and procedures of the company with fairness and firmness. This includes enforcement of discipline without fear, favor or discrimination.
• The post assists the maintenance of adequate records on all employees of the company in a safe and secure manner.
• The job title holder is required to support the preparation of Annual Departmental Budget, and monitoring actual expenditure to ensure that they remain within budgetary limits.
• Assist the policing and enforcing the company’s housing and sanitation policy.
• The role supports the company’s team in peaceful and cost effective Collective Bargaining Agreements negotiations.
• In collaboration with the Finance Department, the job title holder supports the administration of the company’s payroll.
• The role supports the management of expatriates travelling VISAS, Residents and Work Permits.
• To perform any other duties assigned by the Administration and HR Manager and the Managing Director as and when the situation demands.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Degree in any related field
• Minimum of five (5) years post qualification working experience in a similar capacity
• People Management Skills
• Advanced Knowledge in the use of Microsoft Office Suite
• Conversant with HR software.
• Conversant with contract management skills.
• Good communication skills (verbal and written).
• Good interpersonal skills.
• Analytical skills.
• Multi task skills
• Team Player
• Knowledge in client/customer service or management.
• Familiar with the operations and management of Agro-based industries.
• Knowledge in Contract Management.
• Knowledge in Performance Management
• Understanding and knowledge of the Ghana Labour Act.
• Good relationship with all the staff and clientele of the company.
• Results oriented.
• Policy development acumen.
Location: Daboase Near Takoradi
How To Apply For The Job
Interested applicants should submit their applications and CVs through the e-mail address below:
Applications should be addressed to:
The Admin. & HR Manager
Plantations SOCFINAF Ghana Ltd.
P.O Box TD 1429
Closing Date: 03 December, 2016