Posted on :
28 Oct, 2016
28 Oct, 2016
URC is a global company dedicated to improving the quality of health care, social services, and health education worldwide. With a non-profit affiliate, the Center for Human Services (CHS), URC manages projects in over 45 countries, including the United States.
Established in 1965, URC offers a range of technical assistance to strengthen health and social systems and service quality by empowering communities and health workers to identify and scale up locally appropriate solutions to critical problems. Internationally, we expand access to and improve the quality of services addressing maternal, newborn, and child health; infectious diseases, including HIV/AIDS, TB, and malaria; reproductive health and family planning; food and nutrition; and vulnerable children and families. In the US, we focus on improving communication related to issues like substance abuse, with a particular focus on reaching underserved populations.
URC’s mission is to provide innovative, evidence-based solutions to health and social challenges worldwide. Please join us in carrying out our mission (http://www.urc-chs.com/).
Job Title: Quality Improvement Specialist
USAID/Ghana Systems for Health Project, Quality Improvement Specialist
• Local Hire Only
• Hours: Full Time
• Location: Tamale, Ho, and Takoradi (one position in each location)
• Length of Contract: One (1) year, renewable
• Salary: Commensurate with required experience and qualifications
• Reports to: QI Advisor
Division and Project Overview
USAID/Ghana Systems for Health Project will support improved sustainable health-service delivery by strengthening systems vital to ensure access and quality while mobilizing communities and building public-private partnerships (PPPs) to maximize coverage. University Research Co. LLC (URC) and its international and Ghanaian partners share the vision that, by 2019, Ghana’s health systems will be sufficiently robust that the Government of Ghana and its health workforce, in direct partnership with the communities they serve, will be able to sustain equitable access to, demand for, and use of high-quality, high-impact health services with reduced external support, especially in the five regions targeted by Systems for Health. URC brings recognized expertise in applying evidence-based quality improvement approaches to accelerate the achievement of high impact health and social outcomes. We stand ready to provide technical expertise in malaria, family planning/reproductive health, nutrition, quality improvement, and management strengthening.
USAID funded Ghana Systems for Health Project is seeking an experienced Quality Improvement Specialist.
The Quality Improvement (QI) Specialist will work closely with other project staff as well as Ghana Health Service at the regional level to develop and/or strengthen plans to implement high-impact integrated clinical interventions. This will include enhancing the capacity of regional, district, and sub-district managers as well as health providers to apply QI principles to strengthen health service delivery
Roles and Responsibilities
• Provide technical support to regional, district and sub-district health teams in reviewing capacity and progress in using QI to improve compliance with national guidelines.
• Facilitate regular peer exchange and shared learning opportunities within sub-districts, districts, and regions.
• Support the dissemination of coaching tools and materials.
• Provide technical support and coaching as needed to regions, districts, and sub-districts to carry out supportive supervision of health facilities.
• Strengthen communication about quality improvement and exchange of best practices among project stakeholders in order to expand capacity and further increase support for quality improvement.
• Synthesize, document, and disseminate the process of institutionalizing quality of care into existing health service structures.
• Any other tasks, as assigned by the QI Advisor.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Medical degree and public health experience required, with a postgraduate qualification in public health highly desired
• Minimum of five years’ experience working in public health programs in Ghana at decentralized levels
• Prior experience in quality-improvement methods in a health setting
• Expertise in results reporting and narrative report writing
• Good diplomatic, representational, problem-solving, and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work independently and with team members and partners at all levels
• Capacity to manage numerous tasks and report in a timely manner
• Experience with USAID projects preferred
• Please note: Only candidates who are eligible to work in Ghana for an indefinite period without a need for sponsorship will be considered for this position.
Location: Tamale, Ho, and Takoradi
How To Apply For The Job
For immediate consideration, please email your CV and cover letter to:-
email@example.com Indicating “Quality Improvement Specialist” and region (Northern, Western, Central, Greater Accra, or Volta) in the subject line.
Closing Date: 05 November, 2016
Due to the large number of inquiries we receive, only candidates who have met the experience & qualifications required for this position will be contacted. No phone calls, please. However, since we are active around the world in the field of public health, we may wish to retain your CV in our database for other/future opportunities, unless you direct us otherwise.
URC is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We value and seek diversity in our workforce Minimum Qualifications
Thank you very much for your interest.