EY is a global leader in assurance, tax, transactions and advisory services. Locally, we are committed to doing our part in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities.
Globally, we are also united by our shared values, which inspire our people worldwide and guide them to do the right thing, and our commitment to quality, which is embedded in who we are and everything we do.
Job Title: Business Tax Advisory Senior Manager
As a Business Tax Advisory Senior Manager, you’ll combine strong technical skills with practical commercial, legislative and industry knowledge to provide tailored advice to your clients and to build valued relationships with them and your internal peers. You’ll create, lead and motivate high-performing teams and help staff members build their skills. You’ll also be responsible for managing the economics of the engagement as well as adherence to our Quality & Risk Management (Q&RM) guidelines.
- Manage engagement economics and communicate significant issues, fees and estimates-to-complete to partners and clients
- Assist partners with generating new business opportunities and building client networks and relationships
- Understand our service offerings and actively identify opportunities to serve clients better
- Build strong internal relationships
- Help people to develop through effectively supervising, coaching and mentoring all levels of staff
- Conduct performance reviews and contribute to performance feedback for all levels of staff
- Contribute to people initiatives, including recruiting, retaining and training our staff
- Maintain an educational program to develop personal skills on an ongoing basis
- Understand, follow and communicate workplace policies and procedures to all levels of staff
Technical skills requirements
- In-depth commercial, legislative and industry knowledge in at least three of the following sectors
- Oil &Gas
- Power and utilities
- Banking and capital markets
- Mining & Metals
- Consumer Products & Retail
- Ability to apply Q&RM procedures
- Relevant public accounting or industry experience
- A bachelor’s degree
- Accounting and/or legal qualification such as CA/ACCA,LL.B plus B.L will be an advantage.