Standard Chartered Bank Ghana Limited is a market – leading financial services brand in Ghana, listed on the Ghana Stock Exchange.It has operated for 118 years in the country and is currently the highest priced stock on the exchange.
The Bank’s focus and commitment to developing deep relationships with clients and customers have driven its consistent growth in recent years.
With a current network of 27 branches and 56 ATMs across Ghana, Standard Chartered offers exciting product propositions for customers and clients as well as career opportunities for more than 1,000 staff in Ghana.
Job Title: CDD Remediation
- To Manage, Guide and Instruct CDD Operations team in conducting time bound / Trigger /Account opening Reviews for BC / CC Customers.
- Responsible for checking / approving cases on eCDD / DRR system for BC / CC Customers.
- In case of any discrepancy, supervise & guide CDD Operations team to follow up with the branches with the assistance of Distribution O.R to have documents in order.
- To ensure quality and timely completion of all activities by CDD Operations team i.e. report extraction, review on e-BBS & eCDD systems, MIS updating, CDD deficient cases referrals O.R Tracker.
- To manage & supervise communication with customers through letters along with follow ups in line with DOI & Group process note, (Communication Letters approved from legal & compliance.)
- To ensure maximum quality in eCDD / DRR system in order to ascertain the facts of the cases & bring it to a satisfactory conclusion in a timely manner & as per timelines prescribed in the DOI.
- To supervise and ensure that activities are carried out with the maximum efficiency, security & controls & that service is provided to both internal & external customers in accordance with agreed service standards.
- Design and suggest action plans for early closure of service issues & continuous process improvements in order to enhance both processing efficiency and operational controls within CDD Operations
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Ensure compliance of AML, CDD policies & procedures in accordance with Group and Local Regulatory guidelines.
- New CDD Procedures – Lead, engage in-country stakeholders and manage the implementation and roll out of new CDD Procedures for country business in accordance with Group roll out plan and timeline.
- Build out the CDD Operations team of CDD Analysts to perform periodic / trigger reviews /NTB onboarding for BC / CC customers with the appropriate talent and skill sets in accordance with Group lead timelines and ensure that the team members are of the appropriate caliber and seniority.
- All cases reviewed are 100% accurate in terms of data content; and all CDD documents are captured to fulfill AML & BC/CC CDD Procedures and local requirements for proper AML CDD control, also ensures quality data and documents are archived into e-CDD system and quality Periodic / Trigger Review is conducted.
- Ensure 100% compliance – approve cases within own delegated authority or for cases that exceed delegated authority, submit for further approval.
- Daily management of compliance execution team either at country or regional level.
- Expert knowledge on AML CDD Procedures, when in doubt, to liaise with CDD advisor to obtain clarification.
- Retrieve cases assigned to job holder and keep productivity log updated of completion status.
- Have clear oversight all exceptional case handling that emerges during the review process.
- To assist Head of CDD Operations to drive the in country training agenda in area of AML CDD working in association with Learning & Talent Development (RC Academy) & FCC.
- To assist Head of CDD Operations to ensure adequate controls across AML CDD process (covering activities performed by CDD Operations and those performed by others) are in place, compliant with Group policy and procedures, regulatory and local Laws.
- Ensure the implementation and continued compliance with relevant Group and Local laws and regulations, policies, procedures and risk control requirements and there are no regulatory breaches or sanctions/fines with respect to AML/CDD.
- To ensure that there are no audit failures (where the audit is purely focused on AML CDD) or material audit findings in the AML /CDD area (where the audit covers other aspects of the business in addition to AML CDD)
- Ensure that error rates, overdue and other AML CDD metrics are within Group defined benchmarks and Error rates, Overdue reviews and any other metrics that will be introduced in future are below acceptable thresholds.
- Ensure effective management of Overdue Periodic / Trigger reviews & ensuring Quality of reviews.
- To ensure that dispensations (if any) are valid and authorised by the appropriate authority.
- CDD Operation being the Process owner for AML CDD business Process in country, ensure that Group driven process are consistently applied with changes incorporating country regulations, take ownership for MI on AML /CDD process.
- Cost and budget is managed and maintained within the approved budget, effective management of Cost centre related to Country CDD Operations.
- Explore opportunities to enhance productivity and efficiencies through options like Hub, Automation, Process simplification etc. to ensure that there is no cost overrun for the year.
- FATCA – Understand FATCA requirements and its impact on AML CDD, guide and support CDD Operations team on FATCA. Support Head of CDD operations in FATCA implementation in accordance with Group roll out plan and timelines.
- Drive any in country AML CDD projects (local regulatory requirements) and work with relevant stakeholders on the same.
- Ensures that quality work performed during performance of Periodic / Trigger Reviews.
- Ensure that E2E MIS is prepared & maintained in the department all time showing current status of all Periodic Reviews & is readily available at any given point.
- To effectively interact, communicate & engage with all stakeholders i.e. CDD Advisor, FCC, Branch, ASU, Group FCC, UORMs etc to achieve the objectives of the unit.
- Ensure changes in processes are suggested after due discussions with CDD Operations team and other relevant stakeholders or changes advised through email time to time.
- To ensure proper tracking of cases through effective MIS/reconciliation of all BC / CC reviews.
- Tracking & closure of all pending items with respective RM/BM/FCC/CDD Advisor including STRs/SARs, PEPs etc.
- Ensures that Head of CDD Operations is updated on the sources of errors and problems (if any), and any outstanding issues which remain outstanding despite efforts so that appropriate action can be taken.
- Ensure that all service standards are maintained by the staff keeping the bank’s integrity in mind.
Qualifications and Skills
* A minimum of 8-10 years of banking experience out of which a minimum of 3-5 years in Retail AML CDD / Compliance functions