Posted on :
18 Oct, 2016
18 Oct, 2016
IOM, acting as implementing partner for the European Commission, is seeking to recruit a number of local staff for support functions assigned to the European Union Election Observation Mission (EU EOM) in Ghana. All positions are short term assignments (2 to 3 months) based in Accra and offer successful applicants that opportunity to gain valuable experience of working for an international organisation.
Job Title: Press & Outreach Officer Assistant
• Under the supervision of the Press & Outreach Officer, the Press & Outreach Officer Assistant will provide technical and administrative support to the Press & Outreach Officer.
• This will involve assisting with press relations, establish and maintain contact with the local and international media, a basic daily media digest of political and election related items for the EU EOM
• Assist in the preparation of a written report on the media for the Final Report
• Any other tasks as may be required by the Press & Outreach Officer.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Degree in Journalism, Communication, Public Relations or other related field, relevant professional experience of at least 3 years (preferably with international organisations or NGOs)
• Excellent English communications skills and ability to work in a team are essential
• Fluency in any other local language would be an asset
How to Apply For the Job
Applications should be submitted by email to:
[email protected] – Clearly stating the position VNE number
Each application should include a CV and short application in English only, plus full contact details.
Closing Date: 28 October, 2016