Posted on :
22 Nov, 2016
22 Nov, 2016
Agogo Presbyterian College of Education, formerly Agogo Women’s Training College, which is one of the oldest Teacher Training Colleges in Ghana, was established by the Basel Missionaries in 1931. residence of the missionaries At the 1928 Synod of the Presbyterian Church of the Gold Coast, the Basel Mission was requested to establish a girls’ school in Ashanti. The request was in direct response to the Divine Commission to the Church to which the Presbyterian Church of the Gold Coast belonged; go forth therefore and make all nations my disciples-and teach them; (Matt. 28: 19 – 20).
The Council of the Agogo Presbyterian College of Education announces for the academic community and the general public of vacancies available for the executive position for the college. Appointments shall be made by the college council upon the recommendations of a search committee and in accordance with the Harmonized Statutes for Colleges of Education and on such terms and conditions, as Council shall determine. The officer should be able to serve their FULL-TERM of office before attaining the compulsory retiring age of SIXTY (60)
Job Title: Internal Auditor
• Shall provide an independent, objective assurance and consulting services designed to add value and improve the college’s operations.
• Shall help the college accomplish its objectives by bringing a systematic disciplined approach to evaluate and improve risk management, control and governance processes.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Determining the reliability and adequacy of accounting, financial and operational controls in the college;
• Evaluate the procedures of the college to determine whether results are consistent with stated objectives and goals;
• Monitoring compliance with established policies and procedures.
• Assessing the extent to which assets are accounted for and safeguarded against losses;
• Ensuring that reliable records form the basis for the preparation of appropriate financial and other data provided for decision making.
• Drawing the principal’s attention to deficiencies. instances of duplicated functions, waste etc. with recommendations for remedies where necessary;
• Carrying out special reviews of accounting and internal control systems with the view to minimizing weaknesses.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Applicant must hold a good first degree or comparable qualification plus a relevant professional qualification of a master’s degree in the relevant area;
• Must be a member of a recognised accountancy professional association as well as a member of the Institute of Internal Auditors;
• Must have served as a Deputy Internal Auditor in a college of education or comparable grade in a similar institution/organisation for at least four (4) years;
How To Apply For The Job
All applications should be forwarded under REGISTERED COVER marked “Application for College Internal Auditor, to reach the addresses below, not later than Tuesday, January 10,2017
THE SEARCH COMMITTEE
AGOGO PRESBYTERIAN COLLEGE OF EDUCATION
POST OFFICE BOX 26
A GOGO, ASANTE AKYEM NORTH
Closing Date: 10 January, 2017