Posted on :
8 Aug, 2016
8 Aug, 2016
KickStart International prides itself in being an award-winning, global nonprofit social enterprise that develops and mass- markets low-cost irrigation solutions that are bought by thousands of small-holder farmers in developing countries and used to increase their income by up to a factor of ten, enabling them to lift themselves sustainably out of poverty.
Job Title: Country Manager – Partnerships And Sales, Ghana
The Country Manager- Partnerships and Sales will be responsible for developing, expanding, and reporting on KickStart program in Ghana. He/she is also responsible for managing the program and staff in Ghana. He/she reports to the Regional Head of Partnerships and Sales West Africa who is based in Ghana. These activities support KickStart primary mission of getting people out of poverty by promoting the sales and usage of KickStart’s MoneyMaker branded irrigation pumps through partnerships and the private sector.
SCOPE OF ROLE
• Reports to: Regional Head of Partnerships and Sales West Africa
• Staff directly reporting to this post: Sales and Partnerships Officer in Ghana
• Works with: Other staff within West Africa Region and Nairobi
Nature and Scope
The Country Manager-Partnerships and Sales will:
• Perform the due-diligence to understand the market potential and opportunities for MoneyMaker products in Ghana.
• Create the market development and sales plans for specific regions. Lead and manage the implementation of the plan to ensure growth in sales, social impacts, market share, and profitability in Ghana. This will be done primarily through:
o Creating partnerships with International and local NGOs, UN organizations like FAO and World Food program, Government, Out-growers, and other stakeholders.
o Proper selection, development and management of a distributorship network
• Manage, coach, and develop capacity of staff.
• Ensure timely and accurate reporting of KickStart’s activities, finances and social impacts.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY
• Identify sales opportunities by identifying and creating working business relationship with NGOs, relevant government institutions and other clients for the sale and marketing of KickStart products and developing a pipeline of sales opportunities
• Developing partnerships that will lead to sales
• Developing the private sector supply chain including recruiting an importer/distributor of our MoneyMaker pumps into country, developing strong local partnerships and meet sales targets
• Actively manage customer and distributor accounts and collect outstanding receivables
• Regular market assessment and pro-active development of country specific sales and marketing plans with distributors to maximize sales and impacts in the country. This includes sales plans, pricing policies, promotional plans and managing National and regional trade events and activities.
• Actively promote products through product demonstrations, product support and training for distributors, customers, thought leaders, and influencers.
• Develop and grow KickStart’s market share in the country.
• Develop forecast sales projections in collaboration with distributors to streamline production
• Ensure that KickStart meets its qualitative and quantitative targets including donor funded deliverables.
• Advice management on the necessary marketing and advertising channels in the country plus market intelligence.
• Provide leadership, coaching, and support to the staff based in Ghana.
• He/ She would work with a network of dealers to create demand to partners and farmers. Also ensure that partner’s staff are trained on the aspects of the moneymaker pumps and their maintenance.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Degree in Sales and Marketing or its equivalent with a Diploma in Sales and Marketing and at least 5 years hands on sales and marketing experience. A master degree in relevant field will have an additional advantage.
• Experience with private sector and/or social business would be a strong plus. Has shown motivation towards social impact.
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOUR
• Strong managerial and human development skills. Managed a team of people and able to build capacity and competency among the team.
• Commitment to KickStart core values
• Good communication, customer care and interpersonal skills and analytical skills
• Organizational and planning skills and works with minimal supervision.
• Able to evaluate and review strategies and deliverables
• A team player and a motivational leader
• Self-motivated and self-driven to achieve the organizational targets.
• Computer literate
• Willing and ready to spend 70% of his/her time in the field.
How to Apply For the Job
Interested candidates are required to submit their CV and cover letter quoting the position title on the subject line to:
Closing Date: 17 August, 2016