A lab tech is a person who performs the practical hands-on work in laboratories. Lab techs work in diverse settings which include health care, industry, research, and educational institutions. Lab techs may work in a wide variety of fields such as medicine, biology, chemistry, electronics, geology and the environment
Job Title: Pharmacy Technician
To provide technical function associated with the delivery of pharmaceutical care in accordance with the level of expertise, standards for pharmaceutical care and standard operating procedure (SOPs) and Guidelines and to take temporary charge of pharmaceutical services in the absence of the pharmacist.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Carry out assigned technical activities as defined for the section or unit within which the post-holder is working, in accordance with agreed standards and policies.
- Assist the pharmacists in preparing patients prescription for in-patient and out-patients services.
- Pre-package and compound pharmaceutical supplies as required to maintain stock levels.
- Ensure extemporaneous preparations are prepared to standard.
- Assist in the delivery of all aspects of storage, record keeping, stock control and rotation on the ward and pharmacy units.
- Perform and document the inspection of areas where medication are dispensed, stored and administrated: identify and retrieve outdated drugs and supplies and register entries of dangerous medicines in line with the hospital policy.
- Ensure that auditors and monitoring staff have rechecked medicines/items received.
- Ensure that value books are prepared for payment to be affected and that the distribution of received medicines is done appropriately.
- Take temporary charge of pharmaceutical services in the absence of the pharmacists/ senior pharmacy technician in which case the job holder must limit him/herself to the level of expertise only.
- To ensure that facilitates and equipments are maintained to the appropriate standards and that optimum use is made of them.
- To assist in the efficient and accurate compilation of statistics and work related data in accordance with the agreed policy.
- To assist in the provision of health insurance services to policy holders and to ensure reimbursement to the hospital.
- To dispense medicines and counsel appropriately for both in –patients and out-patients.
Required Skills or Experience
- HND in Pharmacy Technology
Location : Kikam-Ellembelle District
How to Apply
To apply, please click on link: https://sanfordghana.applicantpro.com/jobs/477772-87376.html
PLEASE NOTE: This job description is intended as a guide to the principle duties and responsibilities for the post and should not be considered an exhaustive list. It is subject to change in line with future development of the service.