Posted on :
15 Sep, 2016
15 Sep, 2016
Established in 2001, the Youth Empowerment Synergy (YES-Ghana) is an ECOSOC-accredited NGO which is at the forefront of youth development policy, practice and research in Ghana. At YES-Ghana, we work to realise a vision: a world where every young person has a real chance to benefit from and participate in the development processes at local, national and international levels. Our mission is to promote policies and develop initiatives that help youth succeed in becoming life-long learners, productive members of society, materially sufficient and self-respecting citizens. Visit www.yesghana.org for more information.
YES-Ghana is an implementing partner for a new youth initiative, which aims to achieve increased employment and entrepreneurship amongst disadvantaged youth in Ghana. YES-Ghana is leading on the awareness creation, sensitization & mobilisation, and also enrolment of eligible youth onto the programme. YES-Ghana is also leading on the delivery of an integrated Entrepreneurial, Financial Literacy and Life Skills training curriculum for youth participants we enrol on the programme.
Job Title: Hub Training Coordinator
YES-Ghana is seeking a Hub Training Coordinator to provide support to the field team in Kumasi and its surrounding communities. She/he will be required to provide assistance in the coordination, monitoring and maintaining of records of all training activities under the Hub (a field base/coordination point for field work). May also be required to assist with creating awareness of the project and help with the screening of applicants wishing to join the programme. The Hub Training Coordinator will report to the Field Supervisor.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Prepare stationery, materials and equipment for all training sessions within your hub.
• Ensure that all training materials are available before the start of each training session and returned to the hubs after close of training sessions.
• Monitor stationery needs for each class and replenish stock as and when necessary
• Support Training Assistants with the arrangement of classrooms and outdoor training spaces for group activities.
• Arrange weekly catering for training sessions.
Internal & External Communications
• Manage all communication (written and / oral) with catering providers within your hub location
• Manage all administrative communication (written and / oral) with training staff ( Trainers and Training Assistants) within your hub location
• Led by the Field Supervisor and with the assistance of the team make weekly follow up calls to trainees (three times in each week) and submit updates to the Training & Capacity Building Manager.
• Manage financial allocations and expenditures according to delegated authority and render timely accounts in accordance with YES-Ghana’s financial procedures.
• Make payments for the provision of catering services and submit all payments receipts after each training session.
• Manage the disbursement of all transportation payments and submit weekly reconciliation to the Training & Capacity Building Manager.
Monitoring & Evaluation
• Collect and submit weekly and monthly participant attendance figures for each training class within your hub location
• Input weekly updates of attendance figures onto the YES-Ghana Training Management Database
• Work with the Training and Capacity Building Manager to conduct scheduled quality assurance visits to each training class within your hub location
• Assist with the organisation and execution of bi-annual training staff review meetings
• Be the focal point for YIEDIE consortium partners’ monitoring and evaluation visits to training classes within your hub location
• Record and monitor training staff hours worked on the YES-Ghana training
• Assist in screening and interviewing applicants to assess their eligibility to be enrolled onto the project.
• Assist in collecting baseline data from participants though surveys and interviews.
• Answer and make phone calls to prospective participants of the programme.
• Perform other duties as may be assigned.
Qualification Required & Experience
• Some experience managing finances and reporting accurately on it.
• Some experience volunteering with youth groups, either as a youth leader in your community or as a youth participant (at school, a church group, a local community centre).
• Experience participating in or organising youth-focussed activities highly desired.
• Field research experience desirable, including conducting surveys and interviews.
• Some experience in maintaining accurate project records, data entry or updating electronic databases would be a plus.
Skills & Personal Attributes
• Fluency in English and Twi.
• Ability to work well independently and to use initiative.
• Strong communication, interpersonal and people skills.
• Highly organised with good time management skills.
• A flexible approach– the ability to work at evenings and weekends is a must.
• Interest in working with youth in Ghana.
• Commitment to gender equality and the empowerment of women and girls.
• Familiarity with a variety of local communities in and around Kumasi.
• Ability to work to high ethical standards and to uphold YES-Ghana’s guiding values and principles, including strict adherence to our Child Protection Policy.
• Willing to travel to different communities within Kumasi and surrounding communities.
• Only candidates who reside in or around KUMASI and are willing to travel to and fro all its surrounding communities will be considered for this role.
• Candidates must have no criminal record particularly in relation to the abuse of children and youth. Background checks will be conducted.
• Female candidates are especially encouraged to apply
How To Apply For The Job
Please submit a one-page motivation letter and a recent brief CV bearing your contact details and two references to
Please use HUB TRAINING COORDINATOR – KUMASI as the subject line of the email. Be sure to highlight in the motivation letter how specifically you meet the criteria for this role. Due to capacity constraints, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Closing Date: 02 October, 2016