The successful candidate will direct and control daily and long-term mining activities in the open pit mining area under limited supervision.
- Direct and oversee all blasting activities such as areas to be blasted and developed, rate of development, control of mineral quality and tonnage and direct the distribution of labour, supplies and equipment
- Ensure project work is coordinated with Engineering Department to complete within the accepted project terms schedules
- Analyze daily production and cost data to ensure that blasting is operating within overall production and budget forecasts
- Interact with operating and non-operating departments to develop short-term operating goals and budgets
The duties and responsibilities listed above are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive.
Required Skills or Experience
- A degree in Mining Engineering or related field
- Minimum of 3-5 years of blasting supervisory experience or an equivalent combination of training and experience are necessary
- Excellent interpersonal, negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to identify and analyze organisational needs
- Must currently possess Ghana Statutory Certification for FirstAid, Blasting and Mine Foreman
How To Apply
We encourage all candidates to apply online by visiting our website at:
- Please note: Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- This position is Job #130299