Posted on :
17 Oct, 2016
17 Oct, 2016
Newmont’s African Regional Headquarters is located in Accra, Ghana, and is one of five core operating regions of Newmont Mining Corporation (http://www.newmont.com/), one of the largest gold companies in the world. Newmont operates the Ahafo Mine in the Brong-Ahafo Region and the Akyem Project in the Eastern Region. The company has approximately 46,000 employees and contractors worldwide, and employs over 6,500 employees and contractors in Ghana.
The Ahafo mine has made significant sustainable development projects to its host Ahafo communities. This includes the establishment of the Ahafo Development Fund (NADeF) where the company contributes US$1 per ounce of gold sold and 1% of net pre-tax annual profit from the mining operation into the fund.
In 2010, the Global Business Coalition on HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria (GBC) voted Newmont Ghana as a leading company in the fight against HIV/AIDS and Malaria prevention. One of the company’s initiatives – The Ahafo Linkages Program, designed to maximize procurement from local Ahafo businesses, also won the most awards at the 2010 Chartered Institute of Purchasing & Supply UK (CIPS) Procurement Awards.
The Akyem Project is one of Newmont’s new core areas in Ghana. It is currently in the construction stage and is expected to commence production in late 2013 or early 2014.
Newmont was the first gold mining company to be listed on the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index (DJSI) and has for the fifth year running remained on the DJSI. Newmont was recently ranked 42nd in the 100 Best Corporate Citizens List by the Corporate Responsibility (CR) Magazine, and remains the only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index.
Newmont Ghana’s industry leading performance is reflected through its high standards in environmental management, health and safety for our employees, and creating value and opportunity for our host communities and shareholders.
We offer an unparalleled blend of opportunity and career satisfaction with all the benefits you would expect from a global company. This combined with our growth opportunities and extended mine life makes Newmont a great company to work with.
Job Title: Senior Contract Officer
Responsible for executing the services and contracts strategy, including procedures and training of field and office personnel, so as to provide a first class service to end users.
• Assist the Finance and Departmental Managers in all key Administration aspects of Contract Management (maintaining registers, preparing contract documentation etc). This will include liaising with Ahafo Operations team members, external consultants and contractors.
• Action the procurement for services as required for Ahafo Operations activities (current, ongoing and future).
• Perform procurement liaison duties with Ahafo Operations departments, contractors and consultants. This will include receiving and actioning invoices for payment.
• Directing and supporting the development of all procurement and contract activities.
• Performing and training personnel on total material management and contract tasks.
• Assist the Manager – Services and operations management team in contract negotiations and claim settlements.
• Reviewing and approving bid tabulations with on-site teams.
• Setting up and maintaining a system for Ahafo Operations to administer and close-out contracts.
• Act as custodian of Contractor/Vendor Securities, i.e. Bank Guarantees, Bonds etc.
• Liaising with Departmental Managers and respective contractor representatives with regards to correspondence relating to contract documents.
• Provide staff support to the Supply Chain Director, Senior Manager Sourcing & Procurement and Manager – Services as and when required.
TRAINING & EXPERIENCE
Qualification, Yrs of experience and field
• Degree (Building Technology/Civil Engineering or other related discipline).
• Must be computer literate
• At least 6 years Contracts experience.
• Contract Administration experience in the Extractive Industry, preferably Mining or Oil & Gas and/or Construction Industry.
• Previous experience in remote locations is desirable.
• Must possess and demonstrate strong interpersonal skills and pay close attention to details.
• Have a working knowledge of contracting practices and documentation.
• Must possess and demonstrate high ethical and professional standards in all dealings
Requisition ID: 161522