Posted on :
15 Jul, 2016
15 Jul, 2016
Newmont Mining Corporation is a leading global gold producer with key assets in Nevada, Peru, Australia, New Zealand, Indonesia, Ghana and Suriname.
Newmont’s Africa Operations holds two gold mining operations in Ghana: the Ahafo Mine located in the Brong-Ahafo region and the Akyem Mine located in the Eastern region. There is also near mine exploration and development focus in Ghana to annually replace gold reserves. Newmont Africa also has early-stage exploration programs in the African countries of Ethiopia and Morocco.
Our Africa operations employ approximately 5,900 employees and contractors, with the majority working at the Ahafo Mine. We offer an unparalleled blend of opportunity and career satisfaction with all the benefits you would expect from a global company. This, combined with our growth opportunities, makes Newmont a great company to work.
Our Akyem and Ahafo mines have made significant sustainable community development investments in our host communities. These include establishing Development Funds at our Akyem and Ahafo operational areas with each mine contributing US$1 per ounce of gold sold and 1% of net pre-tax annual profit into its community development fund.
The only gold company listed in the S&P 500 index, Newmont in 2007 became the first gold company selected to be part of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Newmont’s industry leading performance is reflected through our Africa operations’ high standards in environmental management, health and safety for our workforce and creating value and opportunity for our employees, host communities and Newmont’s shareholders.
Job Title: General Foreman Maintenance
Manage maintenance planning and scheduling for the process plant and associated site infrastructure.
• To ensure planning and scheduling of preventive maintenance and repair work orders into the CMMS (SAP).
• Support the development of the fixed plant asset management system for business readiness.
• Ensure SAP configured hierarchy is established correctly, benchmarks established to ensure sustainability.
• Build asset management hierarchy, develop equipment/maintenance strategies and perform criticality analysis of all inventory spares to enable maintenance planning to evaluate requirements in a strategic and analytical method.
• To provide support to the Maintenance work groups.
• To increase reliability and availability of plant equipment.
• To plan and utilize available resources.
• To ensure that maintenance works are carried out under safe conditions.
• Interact with purchasing department to ensure that parts, supplies and resources are available to accomplish work assignment within in a timely manner.
• Become familiar with and strictly adhere to Newmont’s Health, Safety and Environmental standards. Act as a role model in complying with and supporting these standards and practices.
• Provide direction, training and assistance to the maintenance planners and data engineers.
• Manage minor and major shutdown planning.
• Establish and maintain the long term maintenance schedule including frequent reviews with key stakeholders.
• Ensure weekly planning and scheduling meetings are conducted for all work groups.
• Monitor and audit the performance of the Maintenance Planners, including compliance to relevant key performance indicators.
• Ensure Work Orders are Fully Planned and resourced prior to work commencing.
• Ensure the Maintenance Schedule and Work Packs are issued to each work group.
• Ensure the timely completion of Work Orders in the CMMS, including input of trade hours, materials and completion coding.
• Ensure that improvement actions suggested on completed work orders are reviewed and actioned.
• Ensure Component Tracing changes are being updated in the CMMS.
• Plan and Schedule Shutdown work as required, including
Ensure all shutdowns are fully planned and resourced, with a MS Project Gant Chart developed for all activities.
Review work orders and MSTs for inclusion in shutdowns and change work groups as required.
Export shutdown work orders to MS Project, as required.
Determine shutdown critical path activities, update shutdown schedule as required.
Update CMMS based on changes made to the shutdown schedule.
Finalize and commit shutdown scope, budget and schedule.
Ensure all shutdowns have critical path jobs identified and these have been reviewed to minimize the shutdown duration.
• Attend, participate and lead regular planning, scheduling and shutdown meetings as required.
• Contractor management including work orders, service orders, tracking purchases to ensure that preferred suppliers of labor and materials are used and rates adhered. Manage invoices and payment approvals.
• Assist Maintenance Supervisors to plan and resource P1 & P2 work orders, as required.
• Manage coding of work orders to suit the requirements of the budgeting tool (AMT).
• Monitor and Support the Condition Monitoring effort at Process Maintenance, including Regular discussions with the Maintenance Planner, CBM to review results, trends and recommendations resulting from condition monitoring.
• Accountable for ownership of the Process Maintenance MOS elements MN1, MN5, MN6, MN7, MN20 and meetings M6, M7, M8, M12, M13A and M13B, which entails:
Resolving MOS Element non-conformances by direct intervention/ coaching wherever possible or referring non-conformances to direct supervisor for resolution if initial efforts are not successful.
Responsibility for taking action on identified improvement opportunities to the MOS Element.
Ensuring that all MOS Element documentation is current and approved changes to the MOS Element is communicated to all involved stakeholders.
Inducting new team members in their respective MOS elements.
The above duties and responsibilities are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
Position is located in a very remote location. The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representatives of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of this job.
• Physical Demands: While performing the duties of the job, the employee is required to sit at a desk for extended periods, climb stairs, walk and stand.
• Work Environment: The noise level in the office work environment is minimal. Occasional exposure to noise, fumes, high temperature hazardous materials, sharp edges, dust, pinch-points, vibration, slippery surfaces etc.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or similar with minimum 8 years working experience in processing plant maintenance.
• Be strong team player.
• Commitment to company values.
• Thorough knowledge of maintenance principles and industry standards.
• Thorough knowledge of the work management process.
• Thorough knowledge of planning and scheduling.
• Thorough knowledge of condition monitoring principles and its application, especially oil sampling, vibration analysis and thermography.
• General knowledge of performance measures and their interpretation.
• General knowledge of defect elimination methodologies and their interpretation.
• Thorough knowledge of the operation of the CMMS (SAP).
• Ability to effectively prioritize jobs in order of importance.
• Strong knowledge in MS Office Suite and MS Project.
• Ability to interpret mechanical and electrical engineering drawings.
DESIREABLE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Knowledge and experience with Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM), Root Cause Analysis (RCA), Top 10 Analysis of Breakdowns.